Tax (Private Client) and Commercial Litigation in Monaco
19 Boulevard des Moulins, Monaco, MC 98000
The Law Offices of Jean-Charles S. GARDETTO, founded in 1988 by Jean-Charles S. GARDETTO, a member of the Monaco Bar and a former President of the Bar association, are a Monaco-based law firm working in the areas of litigation and legal advice. They provide their local and foreign clients (individuals and corporate entities) with the legal expertise of a team that, through the complementarity of its members, is in a position to handle any legal issue before any court, to advise on the implementation of a wide range of projects and to assist clients wishing to settle in the Principality of Monaco. The Law Offices of Jean-Charles S.GARDETTO have a strong international focus both in terms of the diversity of the clients using their services and the nature of the cases they handle. Correspondent lawyers abroad enable the firm to support its clients beyond the borders of Monaco.
Their competence, responsiveness and international reach have won The Law Offices of Jean-Charles S. GARDETTO the continued confidence of international clients who insist on nothing but the highest standards. The firm acts on behalf of institutional as well as private clients.
Since 2010, the firm benefits of the ISO 9001 certification for the quality of its services.Show more +
Admitted to the Bar in Monaco in 1988, Jean-Charles S. Gardetto has practised as an Avocat-Défenseur since 1997. He is the former President of the Monaco Bar Association (Ordre des Avocats et Avocats-Défenseurs de Monaco) and a former member of its board.
Jean-Charles S. Gardetto handles both advice and litigation.
He holds the following academic qualifications:
- Master of Laws (L.L.M.) (1987), Cornell Law School (USA);
- Diplôme d’Etudes Supérieures Spécialisées, DESS de Juriste d’Affaires Internationales – Commerce extérieur (1985), University of Aix-Marseille III, Institute of Business Law (France);
- Diplôme de Juriste Conseil d’entreprises, option internationale (1985), University of Aix-Marseille III;
- Maîtrise de droit privé (1984), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis (France).
Jean-Charles S. Gardetto was a Member of the National Council (Parliament) of Monaco and Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee from February 2003 to February 2013.
He was Head of the Delegations of Monaco to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe and to the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly and was elected Vice-President of both Assemblies.
He was also a member of Monaco's delegations to the Inter-Parliamentary Union, the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean and the Euro-Mediterranean Parliamentary Assembly (EuroMed) of the Union for the Mediterranean.
Jean-Charles S. Gardetto is also a member of the International Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Union Internationale des Avocats.
Main practice areas
Litigation and pre-litigation
- civil law: torts, contracts, construction, real estate, estate inheritance, guarantees...
- family law
- commercial law
- company law
- banking law/financial disputes
- labour and employment
- intellectual property
- criminal business law
- administrative law
- international private law
- civil procedure: protective measures, exequaturs, enforcement of foreign judgments,
The firm advises companies and private individuals, particularly in the following areas:
- Immigration to Monaco and foreign investment in Monaco ;
- Contracts ;
- banking and financial law: applicable standards, investment services, approval of financial institutions, conditions of practice in Monaco, assisting clients in their dealings with the regulatory authorities, etc.
- company law: applicable standards, company formation, mergers , acquisitions, creation of subsidiaries and administrative offices, administrative formalities, etc.
- Acquisition of real estate assets ;
- guarantees: collateral, first demand guarantees, etc.
- labour and employment law: collective redundancies, negotiated dismissals, etc.
- Insurance law ;
- Employment law
- Data protection ;
- intellectual property law ;
- White collar crime ;