Employment Law (Corporate) in Minnesota
200 South Sixth Street, Suite 4000, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1425
At Fredrikson & Byron, we’ve built a reputation as the firm “where law and business meet” by bringing business acumen and entrepreneurial thinking to our work with clients, and by operating as business advisors and strategic partners as well as legal counselors.
A proactive, problem-solving mindset runs throughout our service areas, from our traditional legal areas of support like litigation, real estate, and intellectual property to our more consultative practices like government relations and health care consulting. It’s a mindset that enables us to understand and keep client objectives firmly in mind, and to anticipate and address problems before they arise.
Our lawyers blend a common sense approach with in-the-field experience, and we utilize our firm’s strong reputation and our lawyers’ broad networks of business and industry contacts to get things done for clients.
Clients have relied on us since 1948 for great solutions that help them minimize legal risks and maximize business benefits. We look forward to an opportunity to show you what it is like where law and business meet.Show more +
Jade Jorgenson is an associate with Fredrikson & Byron’s labor and employment group, focusing her practice on defending employers in employment-related litigation and advising clients on a variety of day-to-day employment and business disputes.
Jade represents employers in all stages of litigation in state and federal courts, as well as federal, state and municipal agencies (including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Minnesota Department of Human Rights), on a full range of employment issues, including discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, contract, noncompetition, trade secret, defamation, whistleblower claims and sexual harassment.
Jade also prepares and reviews a variety of employment agreement policies, including employment contracts, separation agreements, employee handbooks and non-competition and confidentiality agreements.
Jade has also advised and represented school districts on a number of school-related issues.
Prior to joining Fredrikson & Byron, Jade served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Kathleen A. Mottl of the Tenth Judicial District. After receiving her J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School, she served as a Judicial Law Clerk for two Magistrate and four Circuit Court Judges in the Unified Judicial System in the Fourth Judicial Circuit of South Dakota.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2014, cum laude
- South Dakota State University, B.S., 2011, magna cum laude
- Minnesota, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2017
- North Dakota, 2016
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota, 2016
- South Dakota, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of South Dakota, 2017
- Minnesota State Bar Association, North Star Lawyer, 2017
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable Kathleen A. Mottl, Tenth Judicial District of Minnesota, 2015
- Judicial Law Clerk, Unified Judicial System - Fourth Judicial Circuit of South Dakota, 2014-2015
- Law Clerk, United States Attorney’s Office - District of South Dakota, 2013
- Intern, United States House Representatives, 2012