Insolvency in Netherlands
(Magna Porta), Twentepoort West 10-7 te Almelo, Amsterdam
Be prepared when you do business or enter into private transactions in the Netherlands!
Your right to Insight
If you are more or less active across borders in the Netherlands you as a foreign company or private person may involuntarily and unintentionally be confronted with the Dutch legal system.
- You do business with a Dutch party when a legal dispute arises.
- Before you enter into a transaction you want to know what security you can demand under Dutch law to ensure the fulfillment of an agreement.
- You have sold your house in the Netherlands to a Dutch buyer who fails to take possession of the house and to comply with his payment obligations.
- You are involved in a traffic accident in the Netherlands and you are accused of guilt.
- You accepted deliveries of services from a Dutch provider which do not comply with the agreements.
In this and a variety of other cases it is important to know that with Daniels Huisman Advocaten you can count on fast and effective legal assistance.
With one phone call you will have access to one of our lawyers on Dutch law.
We can provide you with a lawyer who speaks perfect English and who, with a great empathy for you as a foreigner, can explain clearly how you can make your legal position as strong as possible.
Show more +
Daniels Huisman Advocaten
Rely on the expertise, ambition and entrepreneurial spirit of Daniels Huisman Advocaten. Your sparring partner when you as entrepreneur or private person unexpectedly or unintentionally are faced with Dutch legislation and legal principles. Also if you intend to undertake legal obligations in the Netherlands, Daniels Huisman Advocaten can of course assist you to make the proper choices to protect you from potential pitfalls.
No case of suspension of payment, bankruptcy or company is alike: different branches and different company cultures mean different problems. My involvement as administrator, trustee and lawyer in realizing a solution or restart / sale is varied and I experience this as very useful.
Beside this I advise corporate clients on corporate law, insolvency law and civil law issues in a wide variety, in mergers and acquisitions, and I do litigations for these clients in these fields.
As managing director of the company I have been leading the growing law firm over the past 33 years from one professional, to momentarily about 30 legal professionals in various expert fields, supported by a certified accountant, and about 50 employees in all. We are one of the bigger firms in the region.
I am fluent in English and my assistant also speaks German and French.