Life Sciences in Illinois
20 North State Street,, Suite 706 P.O. Box A3351, Chicago, 60690-3351
- Health Law Consultancy is a focused and effective Chicago-based health law firm that serves the business of healthcare. The law firm’s success has been built on supporting and advancing the business goals and managing and mitigating the legal risks of participants in the health care sector.
- Practice Focus: Health Law Consultancy’s practice is health law. By this singular focus, the firm practices at the highest level of sophistication, knowledge and skill.
- Practice Approach: Health Law Consultancy engages with clients to further their business strategies and objectives and endeavours to be the health law firm of choice for health industry participants seeking to thrive in complex healthcare markets.
- Health Law Consultancy’s areas of particular proficiency include serving evolving markets and emerging companies and counselling on health insurance, government health program and managed care regulation, commercial transactions and contracting, antitrust and anti-fraud and abuse compliance, and health information privacy and security.
- Health Law Consultancy is a proud woman-owned business enterprise, certified by the State of Illinois, County of Cook and City of Chicago.
Jack Rovner is an attorney and co-founder of Health Law Consultancy, a Chicago-based boutique law firm serving the business of health care. He applies keen understanding of health law and its effects on business to serve as legal counsellor and strategic advisor to assist health care organizations capitalize on opportunities and manage challenges in evolving health care markets. Rovner delivers legal services for participation in commercial health insurance markets, Medicare, Medicaid and other government health programs, payer-provider joint arrangements, antitrust and anti-fraud and abuse compliance, and health information privacy and security.
Best Lawyers named Rovner the 2014 Chicago health care law “Lawyer of the Year.” Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Best Lawyers in America each list Rovner as among the top health lawyers in the United States. The health law boutique he co-founded has been rated Chicago Metropolitan Tier 1 in health law by U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” surveys for 10 straight years and is ranked for health law in Illinois by Chambers USA. In 2002, Rovner was appointed to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Regulatory Reform, serving on its Executive Committee. He has served as an advisory board member of the Bloomberg BNA Health Law Reporter and was an original member of the editorial board the American Bar Association The Health Lawyer.
Rovner began his legal career at Kirkland & Ellis, an international law firm, where he practiced commercial litigation and antitrust law and helped develop the firm’s health law practice. Thereafter, Rovner successfully established, managed and grew health law practices at two prominent Chicago law firms.
Rovner received his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Boston University School of Law, where he was an articles editor of the Law Review. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Brandeis University. Prior to law school, Rovner served as a commissioned officer in the U.S. Coast Guard and was employed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. He is a member of the American Health Law Association, the American Bar Association, and the Illinois State Bar Association.Show more +