Corporate Law and Tech-Media-Telecoms in Thailand
Abdulrahim Place, 31st Floor, 990 Rama 4 Road, Bangkok
Blumenthal Richter & Sumet helps clients make confident business decisions. As one of the longest-established law firms in Thailand, we combine the experience, entrepreneurship and business acumen to understand our clients’ businesses and solve their increasingly complex challenges. As our clients are the cornerstone of our firm, we are constantly innovating and using leading-edge technologies to provide a range of benefits to our clients, from having an elevated client experience and improved efficiencies, to developing more pragmatic business approaches and identifying new opportunities.
Our licensed Thai, European and U.S. attorneys understand your business and take an entrepreneurial approach, while serving as a counterpart to your business who knows the law. Working as a team, we help you navigate not only your legal issues but the factors affecting your industry. Our experience in the automotive, chemicals, real estate, hotels and hospitality, logistics, cosmetics, energy, financial, technology, media and telecommunications sectors gives us the market perspective to understand your needs and add value for our clients to succeed.
Our areas of services include Corporate and Commercial / M&A, Foreign Direct Investment, Real Estate and Construction, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Tax and Customs, Tech-Media-Telecoms (TMT), Regulatory Compliance and Data Privacy, Hospitality and Lifestyle, Intellectual Property, Capital Markets, Banking and Project Finance, Labour and Employment, Energy and Infrastructure, Immigration and Foreign Employment and Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Business Reorganization.
BRS is the exclusive Thailand representative of IR-GLOBAL, the largest and fastest-growing international professional services network, for Corporate, Foreign Direct Investment, Insolvency, Project Finance, M&A, Real Estate and TMT. BRS is also the exclusive Thailand representative of INTERLAW, the preferred law firm network for companies doing business internationally. With more than 7,500 attorneys in 150 cities worldwide, INTERLAW is ranked as a “Tier 1, Elite Law Firm Network” and—together with IR-GLOBAL—provides BRS with access to specialist legal practitioners in every major worldwide jurisdiction.
BRS has been ranked consistently as a “Leading Firm” by the legal profession’s foremost independent directories, including The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. Individual departments and partners have been recognized year on year by both legal publications for successfully representing their clients’ interests and for the ongoing quality of their expertise. The firm’s TMT department is ranked in Tier 1 for TMT in Thailand by The Legal 500.
Recently, The Legal 500 shortlisted BRS for the “TMT Law Firm of the Year” award in its inaugural Southeast Asia Legal Awards. BRS was the only firm in Thailand nominated for this award, which recognizes the leading legal practitioners for both private practice and in-house in the region. The shortlist was determined through the annual The Legal 500 research process, which involves firm submissions, client referees and independent research.
The Euromoney Plc International Tax Review Asia Tax Awards also nominated BRS for the Thailand Tax Disputes Firm of the Year awards, and Senior Partner Sumet Mingmongkolmitr was shortlisted for the Asia Indirect Tax Practice Leader of the Year award. The awards recognize remarkable achievements and developments by international tax professionals across the Asia-Pacific region.Show more +
“Reacting first to the latest developments in the legal and business sectors”
Ittinant is a partner in our Corporate and Commercial / M&A, Tech-Media-Telecoms (TMT) and Real Estate groups. His corporate practice focuses on negotiating and structuring M&As, joint ventures, sales, legal due diligence investigations and corporate finance transactions. In TMT matters, Ittinant is currently focused on advising FinTech and digital companies on business structures, operations and licensing. He has taken on many complex and high-value mandates, and clients value his ability to understand their objectives and inspire confidence in making business decisions.
Well known for his client orientation, Ittinant has regularly advised multinationals in the automotive, energy, financial, insurance, real estate and textile industries for more than 20 years. He has been recognized as a “Recommended Lawyer” for M&A and Real Estate and Construction by The Legal 500, one of the most prominent legal industry publishers.
Ittinant has worked with some of Thailand’s most prestigious law firms and is highly regarded amongst his peers in the Thai legal community. A former lecturer at Thammasat University, he has long championed Thailand’s next generation of lawyers to adapt to the rapid changes taking place in the country’s legal and business sectors.
Ittinant is a member of the Thai Bar Association and the Law Society of Thailand. His degree qualifications include a Master of Comparative Law (MCL) from Indiana University School of Law (Bloomington), a Master of Laws (LL.M.) from University of Minnesota Law School and a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from Thammasat University.
Some of Ittinant’s representative matters include advising:
- a Thai FinTech startup offering cross-border remittance services through a modern money-transfer system that relies on blockchain technology with respect to the business structure and required licenses
- a Thai digital startup offering HR and Financial Benefits and a Financial Services Platform for companies and their employees with respect to the business structure, business operation and required licenses
- a holding company in selling its shares to a private equity trust, reviewing all documents and assisting in the increase of the company’s registered capital and other corporate matters
- a gas supply company on the sale of its shares in a Thai limited company, drafting and reviewing all contracts and documents relevant to the transaction, valued at over THB 2.9 billion
- a tanning and leather production group on a partial business transfer, preparing all relevant documents and agreements, valued at over THB 440 million
- a company in the business of manufacturing modern vehicles on selling its shares to a government science and technology agency, drafting a share purchase agreement, shareholders agreement and all other relevant documents for the transaction, and also assisting in the increase of the company’s registered capital and other relevant corporate matters, valued at over THB 390 million
- a property development company in the selling of its shares to a Thai construction and engineering company, drafting the share purchase agreement, shareholders agreement and all other relevant documents for the transaction, and also assisting in the increase of the company’s registered capital and other relevant corporate matters, valued at over THB 145 million
- a leading company in the consumer product industry in purchasing the shares of a leading sugar manufacturing and biomass power company
- a power company on a joint venture solar farm project in Ninh Thuan, Vietnam, covering 70 hectares
- an insurance broker on the partial acquisition of shares of a leading Malaysian insurance brokerage company
- a leading power company on a share swap, including deal structuring and preparation of all relevant contracts and agreements, valued at over THB 3.8 billion
- a power company on a joint venture to build 30MW Solar power plant project in Mongolia
Show more +