Threat of disruption is higher than ever, hence it is critical for businesses to build supply chain resilience and implement a risk management strategy that embraces complexity in an uncertain future.
Current Consulting Group is an independent consulting firm, specializing in operational and organizational resilience and risk mitigation in East and South East Asia. We are headquartered in Hong Kong, with operational offices in Shanghai and Shenzhen.
We offer tangible advice and hands-on support, assisting our clients with actual implementation of our recommendations. Our team are experienced risk management professionals, and we take pride in our in-depth knowledge across a broad spectrum of industries, ranging from automobile and electronics, to IPO preparations, M&A’s, and cross border fintech.
Since our start in 2007, we have helped our global client base with solving problems for in manufacturing, R&D, transportation, investments, compliance, and many other industries. We take pride in serving high-risk industries and innovative manufacturing companies. We learn about our clients’ operations and prefer working closely together on reaching business objectives. Every member of our team has extensive problem-solving experience in several industries.
While we offer individual and tailored services, we can also act as our client’s regional representative, providing a 360-degree service package and a year-round presence for them in their selected market of operation.
With our professional team at your disposal, you can concentrate on your core business areas while we guide you through any given project or process – large or small.
Supply Chain Resilience
Our Supply Chain Resilience services prepares our clients for unexpected risk events. We first assimilate your business needs and then work with you to develop solutions that meet your requirements. Whether it is improving our client’s sourcing and procurement processes, offering on-site quality assurance and consultancy or sustainability audits and strategic support – Current Consulting Group will give you results while mitigating the risks involved.
We assist in everything from finding the right partners for your venture, establishing proper systems of quality control to certifying your facilities and suppliers.
- Quality Assurance
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Audits & Certifications
- Market Entry & Sales
- Corporate services
We provide actionable business intelligence to our clients through international capabilities for managing risks and related extraordinary situations. Our core service is multi-layer Due Diligence, which starts with a basic public records search and extends as far as source-based investigative work in the field.
- Due Diligence
- Asset Recovery
- Brand Protection
This is our strategic practice which is closely connected with Supply-chain and Business Intelligence. Through this practice, we help our clients assess organizational readiness for variety of loss scenarios through identification of mission-critical assets in connection with business objectives. Our focus is on reduction or elimination of reputational, operational, and financial damage.
- Readiness, response, and recovery
- Asset protection consulting
- Technology Consulting
- Resilience Training
Ilya is a certified governance, risk, and compliance professional (GRCP) and has many grateful clients in multiple countries around the world. His work has touched a wide spectrum of resilience factors, including:
- due diligence, complex investigations, IP protection, and asset recovery
- threat and vulnerability assessments
- risk management framework development
- design and implementation of technological, physical, and operational asset protection controls
- incident management
Here are just a few of his past accomplishments:
- Helped Philippine government investigate causes of a fatal explosion at a large residential complex and improve the systems of prevention and incident response
- Helped establish a third-party due diligence program for a Fortune 500 insurance and financial services firm.”
- Security redesign project lead for the UN HQ in New York City: access control, video surveillance, blast protection, information protection
- Threat and vulnerability assessment for one of the world’s top international law firms. He found critical vulnerabilities in protection of information on leased desktop computers and in financial instruments.
- Helped a sovereign wealth fund mitigate information protection vulnerabilities after several incidents
- Enabled a high net-worth family with recommendations for better protection of their reputation, lifestyle, and residence. Found shortcomings in protection of privacy, travel, and electronic security systems
- Advised a government agency on risk management for an upcoming transportation project
- Helped remove a rogue executive and resolve a 3-day plant siege for a client in the manufacturing sector
- Developed an intellectual property protection framework for a large multinational corporation
Ilya believes that resilience can be achieved by aligning organization’s culture, processes, and resources with in-depth understanding of mission-critical assets and risks facing the organization’s objectives.
Learn more about Ilya under these recent articles and webcasts:
- Meet the team – Ilya Umanskiy (Director – Resilience Practice)
- The Rise of Resilience
- A Failure to Plan (with Sean A. Ahrens)
- The Generalist Webcast
Investigative Due Diligence in Hong Kong
66/F The Center, 99 Queen's, Road Central, Hong Kong