Tax (Private Client) and Tax (Accountants) and Tax (Law) in Channel Islands
16 New Street, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GYI 2PF
Fitzroy Tax was established by Graham Parrott in 2014 to provide a tax advisory and compliance service, following his 30 years of 'Big 4' experience. Since then the firm has grown in scope and staff. We have extensive experience in advising clients in the Channel Islands, the UK and further afield, and have built a strong worldwide support network enabling us to assist and advise on most tax issues in all major jurisdictions.
Given the breadth of experience of our team, and our international network of tax professional contacts, we are able to assist our clients with a wide range of taxation services. Details of some of the specific advisory and compliance services we can provide are set out below.
In addition to the more routine tax compliance matters, we provide varied advisory services and can assist with:
- Residency advice and planning for individuals considering moving to, or leaving Guernsey or the UK;
- Advising on property tax issues - stamp duty, ownership structuring, disposals, buy-to-let and commercial landlord;
- Assisting with UK inheritance tax and estate planning, domicile issues and structuring related to wealth planning and succession;
- Capital gains tax - advising on tax reliefs, exemptions, the transfer of assets or making of gifts, timings of disposals;
- Dispute resolution and negotiations with tax authorities - from assistance with small technical disputes to more formal enquiries and investigations;
- Preparation of tax calculations and Guernsey and UK tax returns for individuals, sole traders, partnerships, companies and trusts;
- Guidance on tax rules and help with making use of available tax reliefs and allowances;
- Checking tax statements and assessments and providing clients with timely tax payment reminders;
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) returns and relief declarations prepared from companies holding UK residential property;
- ATED-related Capital Gains Tax returns on disposals of UK residential property by companies;
- Preparation of Non-resident Capital Gains Tax (NRCGT) returns for non-UK individuals, trustees and companies disposing of UK residential property; and
- VAT and GST registration and returns.
- Advising on human capital matters such as benefits in kind and social security; and
- QROPS, QNUPS, and other assorted pension issues.Show more +
Graham has been a tax advisor in the UK, Australia and Guernsey for more than 30 years, the last 20 of which have been in Guernsey. For 14 years he headed up the tax practice of a Big 4 firm in the Channel Islands. Fitzroy Tax Services was established by Graham in 2014 and he continues to advise those looking to do business in Guernsey and Jersey, and also those individuals looking to come here, or looking to leave. Graham is a member of the main IoD Committee in Guernsey and is part of the tax and regulation sub-committee. He also sits on the Tax Sub-Committee of the GSCCA as part of which he has been involved in working with the States of Guernsey on international issues in the area of taxation. He is also frequently asked to comment on tax and general business issues in the local media.Show more +