Mergers & Acquisitions in Madagascar
Zone Tana Water Front, Ambodivona, Antananarivo, 101
Established as a private limited company in July 2005 by Olivier RIBOT, legal and tax adviser, Lexel Juridique & Fiscal is an independent legal and tax consultancy firm. Our registered office is located at Tana Water Front Building, Ambodivona, Antananarivo.
Since its incorporation, we have acquired a solid reputation as one of Madagascar’s top consultancy firm with Malagasy and international companies as well as the high authorities of the Administration.
Our main characteristics are : the multidisciplinary nature of our offers, the reliability of our recommendations, the global understanding of our cases, our reactivity, our ability to listen and our personalised relationship with companies, whether they are small businesses or multinationals.
Faced with the growing complexity of local and international legislation, our staff's responses are based on :
- Specific assets : The synergy between our Legal Team and Taxation Team ; and recognized authority following a significant number of cases handled ;
- Adequate solutions : solutions provided within the framework of either one-off assignments or permanent assistance contracts that provide long-term support for companies and strengthen their personalised follow-up ;
- Sustainable Relations with our Clients: A real relationship of proximity with our clients.
Olivier RIBOT is a former Associate Partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers, a firm in which he worked since 1990 until the creation of Lexel Juridique & Fiscal.
Our main strengths are :
- Lexel Juridique et Fiscal is an independent firm.
- Provide expertise and tailor-made solutions adapted to each client's sector of activity
We provide advice and consultancy services either on a one-off basis or under permanent assistance contracts.
Our organisation ensures that our clients have access to professionals who are able to identify and understand the issues at stake and to develop appropriate recommendations accordingly. Our solutions are based on tax and legal specialities combined with sectoral experience developed in various fields of activity.
2.1 Our key sectors :
- Industry, consumption, services :
- Industrial products (manufacturing in textile, cement, paper)
- Luxury, tobacco, beverage (alcoholic and non alcoholic)
- Services, hotels
- Car constructions, Civil engineering,
- Oil, mining, natural ressources
- Bank, insurance, assets
- Financing services, real estate
- Media, communication, ICT
- Entities and NGO
2.2 Our expertise
Our consultants have a multidisciplinary competence allowing them to intervene in both tax and business law.
In the drafting of legislative and regulatory texts,
Our firm has been involved in the drafting of the following texts :
- The Law on Investments in Madagascar ;
- The Law on Free Entreprises
- The Law on Commercial Leases ;
- The Law on Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
We also participated in the issuance of opinions on behalf of the Company Law Monitoring Committee.
In legal matter as :
- Commercial law, corporate law, contracts law (any operation related to lease and assets transfer, lease contracts, treasurery agreement, shareholders agreement drafting…),
- Banking and finance (securities…),
- Merger and acquisitions,
- Companies in difficulties and restructuring, merger acquisition,
- Labor law, social law (managing status, salary policy, expatriates staff management, internal regulations drafting …),
- Insurance law
- Litigation and arbitration
- Intellectual property law (trademark registration procedure).
In taxation matter as :
- Taxation law,
- Taxation on merger-acqusition and restructuring,
- International tax (optimisation of the registered address transfer abroad, questions related to exchanges regulations…),
- Taxation on financial products,
- Value added tax, customs and excise duties, local taxes,
- Parafiscal taxes,
- Employee savings,
- Personal taxation, property taxation,
- Tax assessments and audits
- Tax strategy
Furthermore, it should be noted that our firm is also called upon to :
- on the one hand, to issue legal opinions in the mining and oil sectors
- on the other hand, to propose governmental projects at the request of financial institutions (in particular, to propose modifications on social regulation for improvement in the "Doing Business" classification of the World Bank).
2.3. Our clients
These include, without distinction, small companies, large Malagasy and international groups and their subsidiaries operating in all sectors of activity in Madagascar.
- Provide a team of highly professional staff at the service of our clients
We have a strong national and international expertise, allowing us to meet our clients' expectations by providing them with expertise, advice and quality recommendations in the best conditions.
Lexel Juridique & Fiscal is composed of a team of 21 collaborators including 11 consultants. Each collaborator is placed under the supervision of Frédéric RANJATOELY, Managing Director and Tafita RATSIMBA, Deputy Managing Director, as well as 4 other Partners. They have all received a solid academic and professional training and are highly professional.
The richness of our team is linked to its diversity :
- They are dynamic men and women,
- Malagasy, Mauritian and French origin,
- lawyers or tax specialists,
- bilingual or even trilingual,
- former from companies, former lawyers.
Fréderic has joined the Lexel Juridique & Fiscal firm in 2005. He is an Asociate–Prime Consultant in charge of all tax issues. Fréderic is a well-know expert in legal sphere. He serves as an interlocutor of several multinational and foreign companies in Madagascar for all tax-related issues. He works on behalf of clients for the management of the tax of their activities. He intervenes in variours sectors (particularly in the energy, telecommunication and banking sectors). In an event of specific case during the tax review missions, he assists companies in identifying and quantifying tax risks incurred by them.
Fred has notably assisted :
- Deutsche Bank in the writing of tax reports;
- The French Developement Agency for the financing contracts with the Malagasy State;
- Major French and Mauritian groups in tax support for their projects and structures.
Areas of expertise
- Banking & Finance
- TMT (telephone operators & call centers)
- Energy, Oil, Mines, BTP
- Company taxation
- Tax structuringli>
- Taxation of the international flows
- Diploma of University Studies (DEUSS) in Social Science • Institut Catholique de Madagascar
- MMaster in Private law – Business Law • Institut Catholique de Madagascar
Fréderic is fluent in both French and Malagasy aswell as having a basic understanding of English.Show more +