Corporate Law in Nicaragua
Altamira d' Este, Rotonda Madrid # 235., Managua
OUR LAW FIRM
The Law Firm was founded in 1965 under the name of “Carrion, Cruz, Castillo, Hueck & Manzanares”. Now, as a result of various internal reorganizations through time, the firm has adopted its present name: “Francisco Ortega & Associates”. We have provided legal advice for many years to some of the most important companies in Nicaragua, as well as to foreign clients with projects and interests in Nicaragua. Our law firm believes that the success of our clients determines our own success. Therefore, we focus on collaborating with our clients to achieve their goals.
Its well-knit leadership is amply recognized. The idea of its partners and associates, now is to consolidate a modern Law Firm, with future vision, that may handle clearly and professionally the criteria that are needed to face the challenge of advising and representing its clients in a regional integrated market, opened and highly competitive.
At present it is one of the most solid and oldest law firms in Nicaragua, thanks to our simple but effective working formula: Focused on our customers, their issues, concerns, solutions and results.
It has a team of lawyers specialized in the different areas covering its activities. The firm is in constant evolution and adaptation to face the challenge that represents the economic activity of Nicaragua and also to face the regional and hemispheric integration that is taking place and globalization as well.
OUR SUCCESSFUL APPROACH
Empathy towards the client, constant concern to understand their needs and strict compliance with the rules of professional conduct are the qualities that make up the identity of our legal office.
Experience and prestige
Independence and ethics
Technical capacity and specialization
Flexibility and adaptation
Quick Answers and anticipation
In addition to deep technical knowledge, our professionals have a strategic and innovative vision, oriented to the business, that allows us to adapt to the needs of our clients and anticipate future changes.
Our permanent contact with the business reality places us in a privileged position to offer comprehensive advice.
Show more +
Francisco Ortega González was born on October 4th, 1942 in Managua, Nicaragua. Has three children, all adults and with their own families, of a former marriage and has a ten years old son of a second marriage with Isel Oporta Galeano. He is an Attorney at-law and Notary Public graduated magna cum laude at Universidad Centroamericana (UCA) with an Iuris Doctor degree in the year of 1968. He was a trainee with Carrión, Cruz, Castillo, Hueck & Manzanares, a very prestigious law firm that was founded in 1965, and upon his graduation he became an associate lawyer and Notary Public, where he had a one year leave of absence to serve as Judge for the First Local Criminal Court of Managua (1968-1969); Professor of Introduction to Law at Universidad Centroamericana (UCA) (1969-1970). In 1985 on account of the Sandinista revolution in Nicaragua he and his family went to Guatemala where in order to continue practicing law he had to attend Rafael Landivar University, being admitted to practice in Guatemala in 1990. Shortly thereafter he returned to Nicaragua to its former law firm. Served as Executive Secretary and Executive Director of the National Association of Private Banks in Nicaragua (ASOBANP), which he had helped to form, during seven years (1994-2000) and during his tenure participated in the analysis and revisión of various free trade agreements. Acted as legal advisor for the Free Zone Regime of Nicaragua from 1997-1998. Through the years the law firm to which he was associated suffered different changes in its name, and in 2006 finally became Francisco Ortega & Associates, having Dr. Francisco Ortega as founder, where he acts as Director and Managing Partner. He is a member of Collegiate of Attorneys in both Nicaragua and Guatemala, of Inter-American Bar Association (IABA), of the National Confederation of Independent Professionals, American Nicaraguan Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM), ASIPI, and also member of Club Rotario of Managua, of Rotary International, since 1980.
- During his legal practice he has held a most ample Power of Attorney (Apoderado Generalísimo) for several national and foreign companies or branches thereof. His principal practice is carried out giving legal advice to local and foreign corporations in the areas of Corporate and Commercial Law, Banking and Finance Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Aeronautic Law, Energy and Mines, Real State, Processes for Private and Public Biddings, Legal advice on Franchise and Joint Venture Agreements, Telecommunications, Copy Right and Intellectual Property Law.
- 1967 : (June and July) Southern Methodist University. Assistant to the "Academy of American and International Law". Studies on Comparative Law.
- 1962 - 1968: Universidad Centroamericana (UCA) at Managua, Nicaragua. Graduated as Lawyer and Notary Public and obtained the Iuris Doctor Degree. (Magna Cum Laude). Distinguished as the best student of the Law Faculty during several years while he attended Universidad Centroamericana.
- 1986 - 1987: Rafael Landivar University at Guatemala City, Guatemala. Admitted to practice in Guatemala in 1990.
- Assistant to the Executive Program "Legal Aspects of International Businesses", given at the INCAE campus, an institution affiliated with Harvard University, jointly with Georgetown University Law Center in Managua, Nicaragua in 1999.
- Different studies on international commercial contracting, including WCO and others processes of regional integration (European Union, Central America, TLCAN, MERCOSUR, CAFTA, ALCA and others).
- Several Studies and seminars on mediation and arbitration in order to obtain degree as International and National Arbitrator of the Chamber of Commerce and Services of Nicaragua.
Areas of Practice:
- Corporate and Commercial Law,
- Banking and Finance Law
- Legal Audits,
- Merger and Acquisitions
- Aeronautic Law
- Tax Law
- Labor Law
- Energy and Mines,
- Real State,
- Processes for Private and Public biddings
- Legal Advice of Franchise and Joint Venture Agreements
- Copy Right and Intellectual Property Law
Spanish and English
Show more +