Rios Ferrer, Guillen-Llarena, Trevino y Rivera, S.C. is a highly specialized law firm in complex matters related to telecommunications, infrastructure, project finance, regulatory matters, and litigation including arbitration; providing legal counselling to our clients in major disputes before Mexican courts and regulators, through the creation of new and innovative strategies for the defense of our clients.
In the telecommunications field, the Firm has advised and represented both national and international clients, for the development and implementation of business/projects related to: fixed and mobile/local, and long-distance services; VoIP; satellite services; public and private telecommunications networks; added value services; broadband and internet services; infrastructure sharing; and broadcasting, among others. Also, the representation of our clients before any type of Mexican authorities, such as the Federal Telecommunications Institute and Ministry of Communications and Transportation, in order to obtain concessions, permits/authorizations, registrations and opinions from the corresponding authorities; for the elaboration and negotiation of specialized contracts; as well as in the management of all kinds of proceedings before administrative and judicial authorities.
Our Firm also provides our clients any additional legal support often needed by telecommunications companies for the usual development of their corporations, such as corporate services, employment consultancy, transactional matters and international trade. Also, our Firm focus on other aspects related to the telecommunications area, including antitrust matters, personal data protection, defense of the telecom user´s rights, among others.Show more +
Lawyer with more than 15 years of experience, Junior Partner of the Firm and head of the regulatory area. She represents and provides legal advice to national and international companies in matters of telecommunications law, economic competition, administrative and corporate law. Languages: English and Spanish.
- Technology Law Diploma. B.M.A. (2020)
- Diploma in Economic Competition. Pan American University / ICC (2018)
- Diploma in Telecommunications and Economic Competition. Institute of Legal Research, UNAM. (2014)
- Master's Degree in Business Legal Advice Management. Cremades & Calvo Sotelo Lawyers / ADM Business School. Madrid, Spain (2006).
- Law degree. University panameric. Mexico City (2001-2006). University of Westminster, London, England (2003-2004)
- Telecommunications and Broadcasting
- Digital technologies and services
- Economic Competition
- Administrative law
- Corporate Law
- Foreign investment
Acknowledgments and Publications.
- “The Technology, Media and Telecommunications Review, Chapter XX Mexico” , The Law Reviews, eleventh edition, November 2020.
- “ Trend and Developments – Mexico” , 2018, TMT, Chambers Global Practice Guide.
- “Telecoms & Media 2017 - Mexico” , Latin Lawyer.
- “Public Private Partnerships 2017 - Mexico”, Getting the Deal Through.
- "The Future of Telecommunications in Mexico, the challenges of IFETEL" Consulting Magazine, issue 259, February 2014. "Relevant aspects to consider in the Telecommunications Reform". Consulting Magazine, issue 252, June 2013.
- “An argument from Mexico for strengthening broadband services through implementation of satellite technology”, Communications Law Newsletter of the International Bar Association Legal Practice Division, Volume 20, Issue 1, April 2013
- “Legal Regulation of satellite communications in Mexico”. Magazine of the Annual Congress of the Mexican Bar Association, 2011.
- Legal advice and participation in the public bidding procedure for the occupation and exploitation of the geostationary orbital position 77º, for a consideration of more than 130 million pesos.
- Legal advice on the installation and operation of the telemetry, tracking and command center for the operation of a Mexican satellite system.
- Legal advice and representation before the Ministry of Communications and Transportation and/or the Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFT) for the request and granting of various concessions and authorizations to provide telecommunications and broadcasting services.
- Verification of compliance with regulatory obligations and representation in sanction procedures initiated by the regulatory body. Advice in case of inspection and audit visits.
- Negotiation and preparation of interconnection agreements and specialized agreements on telecommunications. Representation in procedures derived from interconnection disagreements.
- Design of a legal strategy for the development of a public-private partnership project in the field of telecommunications.
- Legal advice to a telecommunications company regarding the presentation of the concentration notice before the IFT in terms of the ninth transitory article of the constitutional reform.
- Advice and representation during investigations of the Federal Commission of Economic Competition (COFECE) or the IFT for the possible commission of absolute or relative monopolistic practices, either as a defendant, complainant or third party intervener.
- Advice and representation in filing a complaint for related monopolistic practices against PEMEX, which resulted in the implementation of certain measures by said entity.
- Development and implementation of a compliance program for companies in the pharmaceutical sector with the aim of identifying and developing strategies aimed at managing risks in economic competition.
- Legal advice and representation before the Federal Consumer Protection Office for the registration of contracts and verification procedures.
- Legal advice for the handling of personal data and actions aimed at data protection and compliance with obligations.
- Advice for the regularization of the concession for the occupation of the federal maritime terrestrial zone (laying of submarine cable) before the SCT.
- Representation before the Secretary of National Defense for the sale of weapons and implementation of a recall program related to firearms.
Tech-Media-Telecoms in Mexico
Av. Insurgentes Sur 1605, piso 12, Col., San José Insurgentes, Del. Benito Juárez, Mexico City, C.P. 03900