Eugene Thuraisingam LLP (“ETLLP”) is a premier dispute resolution practice specialising in disputes and investigations. ETLLP is the choice firm for any client seeking an experienced, committed and conflict-free team of counsel to conduct a broad spectrum of cross-border and domestic commercial and civil disputes. The team of dedicated counsel comprises of Eugene Thuraisingam, Suang Wijaya, Chooi Jing Yen, Syazana Yahya, Johannes Hadi, Hamza Malik, Genghis Koh, and Joel Wong.
The firm has a strong track record in criminal law practice and has expertise in criminal defence at all levels of the Singapore Courts and have successfully obtained acquittals, reduction or withdrawal of charges through robust representations, and defended clients accused of a wide range of offences including, White-Collar Crimes, Criminal Breach of Trust, Securities & Futures Act Offences, Fraud & Cheating, among other serious offences.
As commercial litigators with an established criminal practice, the firm brings their specialist trial skills to bear in their client’s civil disputes, particularly where the factual or expert evidence is strongly contested.
The firm is regularly instructed to act for professionals being investigated or disciplined by the Law Society of Singapore, Singapore Medical Council, Institute of Chartered Accountants, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority and the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
The highly reputable disputes-focused law firm provides professional legal services to a wide-ranging client base, including private and public companies, businesspersons, high-net-worth individuals, amongst others. The team of counsel assists clients in complex, high-value, and multi-jurisdictional disputes in the Southeast Asia region. The firm is well-placed to handle the full spectrum of international arbitration across a wide range of industries including, International Trade, Shipping, Oil & Gas, Banking and Financial Services, and Insurance.
ETLLP has been recognised for ‘Commercial and Transactions’, ‘Dispute Resolution’, and ‘White-Collar Crime’ practice areas by various leading legal publications. The firm has been listed as a leading criminal law firm in Singapore and Eugene Thuraisingam and Suang Wijaya have also been identified as leading criminal lawyers in Singapore by Doyle's Guide 2020. Asian Legal Business has also named the firm as one of the “Firms to Watch 2019”. Most recently, ETLLP has been named as one of “Singapore’s Best Law Firms 2021” by the Straits Times and Statista.Show more +
Eugene Thuraisingam is the managing partner of his eponymous law firm, specializing in disputes and investigations.
Eugene handles international arbitrations for the firm’s network of clients in the Southeast-Asia region. He also acts as counsel for various cross-border commercial matters, including insolvency & restructuring disputes. He is no stranger to the realm of criminal practice and public interest litigation. He has achieved notable results for his clients charged with serious crimes. Some of these cases have gone on to serve as legal precedents. He also advises companies and businesspersons who are embroiled in criminal investigations involving white-collar crime.
- Litigation Star for White-Collar Crime by Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 2022;
- Asia Super 50 Disputes Lawyers 2022 by Asian Legal Business;
- The Best Lawyers™ in Singapore 2023 in the fields of Criminal Defence and Litigation
- Asia’s Top 15 Litigators 2022 by Asian Legal Business;
- Notable Practitioner by asialaw Leading Lawyers 2022;
- The Best Lawyers™ in Singapore 2022 in the field of Criminal Defence;
- Pro Bono Ambassador Award 2020 by The Law Society of Singapore;
- Leading Criminal Defence Lawyer in Singapore by Doyle’s Guide 2020;
- Market-Leading Lawyer in Dispute Resolution & Litigation by Asialaw Profiles 2018; and
- LASCO Award 2016 by the Supreme Court of Singapore
- EUGENE THURAISINGAM RECOGNISED IN 2023 BEST LAWYERS™ IN SINGAPORE
- EUGENE THURAISINGAM NAMED IN ASIA SUPER 50 DISPUTES LAWYERS 2022 BY ASIAN LEGAL BUSINESS
White Collar Crime in Singapore
1 Coleman Street, #07-06 The Adelphi, Singapore