Schuck Law Group joins IR Global as our exclusive Mergers and Acquistions Member in California, USA
Published 30 Mar, 2016
Please sign in to view members only features
Taxation, International Tax, Tax Controversy and Litigation, Executive Compensation, Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate and International Transactions, ESOP Leveraged Buyouts, Tax Consequences of Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Workouts
Ed Schuck is an experienced and broad-based tax, M & A and corporate lawyer with over 40 years of large-firm practice on Wall Street and in Los Angeles. Ed has written and published many scholarly legal articles, and he speaks regularly at legal and practice seminars for other lawyers and professionals and for clients.
Mr. Schuck’s law offices are in downtown Los Angeles. Ed began his law practice in 1970 on Wall Street at Sullivan & Cromwell, where he specialized in taxation. He moved his practice to Los Angeles in 1980, where he has been a tax partner at Munger, Tolles & Olson and at McDermott Will & Emery. Ed’s tax practice expanded to include the corporate, M&A and complex business transactions described above. He is an active member of the New York and California State Bars.
J.D.. Columbia University School of Law, cum laude, 1970
M.B.A. (Finance), Columbia University, 1970
B.S., Columbia University. cum laude, 1967
● Rated AV by Martindale Hubbell
● Rated 9.6 by AVVO
● Listed in the “Best Lawyers in America” and Chambers’ “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.”
● 2004 - 2015 Named Southern California Super Lawyer by Law & Politics
● Recipient of the 2011 Dana Latham Award. The Dana Latham Award is given by the Executive Committee of the Tax Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association to a living member of the Los Angeles Tax Bar who has made an outstanding contribution to the community and to the legal profession in the field of taxation.
● Adjunct Professor, Golden Gate University School of Taxation
● Adjunct Professor, USC Graduate School of Accounting
● Member of the Executive and Planning Committees of the USC Tax Institute
● Fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel
● Los Angeles Association of Tax Counsel, member
● Los Angeles International Tax Club, member
● Of Counsel, Enterprise Counsel Group, Irvine, CA
● Member, New York and California State Bars
● Member, ESOP Association (Finance Committee)
● Member, National Center for Employee Ownership
● Member, Association for Corporate Growth, Los Angeles
● Former two-term Mayor and City Council Member, City of Bradbury, CA
● Member, Tax Professional Advisory Group, CBIZ MHM National Tax Office, Bethesda, MD
● Former Chair, Los Angeles County Bar Association Tax Section
● Former Member, Executive Committee, California State Bar Tax Section
Schuck Law Group offers over 40 years of international large-firm experience, focusing on middle market and public complex business transactions, market mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, ESOP leveraged buyouts and executive compensation. Schuck Law Group also involves corporate governance, fiduciary responsibility, tax-exempt entities and finance, public and private finance, partnership, joint venture, real estate and international and cross-border taxation and transactions, as well as federal, state and local tax controversies and litigation.