Wedlake Bell is a top 100 City law firm with core strengths across Business Services, Disputes, Private Client and Real Estate. The firm has 73 Partners operating from its central City of London location near St Pauls. Wedlake Bell LLP and Moon Beever LLP merged on 12 July this year. Moon Beever was well known for its insolvency and restructuring work where the firm has built a market-leading reputation, as well as first-class practices in Private Client, Utilities and Real Estate.
Wedlake Bell provides a full range of legal services to UK and international corporate clients, public institutions and individuals across all sectors. As an English commercial law firm our services related to English law but our outlook and client base is international. Our clients range from FTSE 100 firms, banks and financial institutions, owner-managed private companies to trade associations, governmental bodies, education establishments and private investors.
Our approach is to be commercial, flexible and pragmatic: we work with our clients as business partners and not simply as suppliers of legal services, priding ourselves on developing excellent personal as well as professional relationships.Show more +
Edward advises on M&A, joint ventures, listed debt, listed equity and international transactions.
Edward chairs the Company Law Committee of The Law Society.
- Governance and structuring of £250m bond issuance programme to fund delivery of social and affordable housing.
- AIM admission of Diversified Gas & Oil PLC.
- Acquisition of SPV and related financing (involving quoted Eurobond) for major UK real estate asset.
- Advising on both equity fundraisings on the London listed markets and the issue of debt securities on a range of European exchanges.
- Sale of Cleara Consulting Limited.
- Advising overseas investor on acquisition of UK consumer brand.
Edward qualified as a solicitor in 2000.
Edward has been a partner of Wedlake Bell since 2010. Before that, he spent twelve years at Nabarro (now CMS).
Edward studied law at the University of Nottingham (graduating in 1997) and obtained his post-graduate qualification at Nottingham Law School.Show more +
Corporate Governance & Compliance in England
71 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4V 4AY