Eduardo AlemanyPartner, Alemany Zaragoza @ Associates
+34 93 487 64 52
Employment Law (Corporate) in Spain
C/Aragón 254, entlo. 3º, 08007-Barcelona, Barcelona
The firm was created in 1970 by Eduardo Alemany Zaragoza. He is also created of the Employment law department in Barcelona University. He is also member of the Bar Association and arbitrator in the Barcelona Court.
Specific expertise developed within the Firm
- Acquisition and vendor due diligence and participation in the negotiation of acquisition contracts
- Social consequences of restructuring (notably merger, sale or partial transfer of assets), in particular transfer of staff and harmonization of collective status
- Closing down of sites or companies
- Implementation of dismissal procedures for economic reasons
- Negotiation, drafting and follow-up of collective agreements
- Implementation and monitoring of personnel representative elections
- Monitoring of information procedures with personnel representatives
- Assistance in wage negotiations
- Employment litigation
Its experience includes:
- Assistance to the restructuring and day-to-day business of a major British University for their French operations
- Assistance to a pharmaceutical Company to start up in different countries.
- Assistance to a U.S. company in the restructuring process.
- Carve out of a important automobile manufacturer
- Closing down of a 300-employee from chemical Industry.
- Closing down of a 1000- employees from automotive sector
Languages: Spanish, EnglishShow more +
Currently a partner at an employment law firm founded in 1970, Eduardo is also a lecturer at the University of Barcelona and has been a member of the Bar since 1997.
Eduardo was director of the Department of Employment Law at EY Spain until 2011.
Eduardo is the Human Resources and Employment Advisor for his clients and offers his experience to improve Human Resources relationships.
Additionally, Eduardo has extensive experience offering advice in labour due diligence and coordination of integral restructuring processes that affect employees (integration after acquisition/company split-offs). He offers ongoing advising services to companies as well as labour advice in large-scale disputes across a variety of sectors.
MBA by the University of Barcelona.
Degree of Law at the University of Barcelona.
A lawyer with 20 years of experience. Currently is a partner of Alemany Zaragoza y Asociados, S.L.
Previously he was the Spanish Responsible of the Labour Department of Ernst & Young Lawyers.
Professor Associated of the Employment Law Department in the University School of Business Studies of the University of Barcelona.
Director of the Master in Human Resources, of the University School of Business Studies of the University of Barcelona.
The teaching of the Area of Labour Law and Social Security in the MBA, of the University School of Business Studies of the University of Barcelona.
Professor of the School of Juridical Practice of the BAR Association in Barcelona.Show more +