Commercial Law in Panama
50th Street,, Plaza 2000 Building, 10th Floor,, Panama City
About the Firm
Pardini & Asociados is a Panama multi-disciplinary law firm, where our clients, transactions and awards are our best introduction. With 35 years of tradition and experience advising foreign clients and corporations of all sizes, we are your best choice for legal solutions.
The law firm has received the following awards during 2017: “Private Client 2017 - Dr. Juan F. Pardini" by Who´s Who Legal; “Transport – Central America 2017 - Dr. Juan José Espino" by Who´s Who Legal; "National Experts" by Getting the Deal Through; “Dispute Resolution” by Legal 500 Latin America; “Lawyers - Corporate and Regulatory” by Citywealth Leaderslist; "Firm of the Year - Corporate – Panama” by Global 100 Awards; "Real Estate Law Firm of the Year" by ACQ5 Law Awards; “Aviation Law Firm of the Year” by Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award 2017; “Best Foreign Investments Law Firm” by Acquisition International; and “Financial and Corporate” by IFLR 1000
How we can help you
- Advising clients on all aspects of corporate transactions and projects, including incorporated and non incorporated joint ventures, all kinds of agreements, mergers & acquisitions and more.
- Advising clients before regulatory bodies.
- Representing clients in obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Advising clients on all aspects of regulatory proceedings.
- Advising clients on all areas of foreign investments.
- Representing projects sponsors, developers, financiers, equity partners and more.
Aviation & Maritime
- Advising clients in the context of foreign airlines operating in Panama, aircraft financing or leasing, or an aviation casualty.
- Representing clients regarding registration of ships or yachts, or financings, or litigation.
- Representing clients in the registration of trademarks, patents, copyrights and more.
- Litigation and enforcement of IP rights.
Energy, Mining & Petroleum
- Representing foreign and domestic groups in mining, petroleum and energy projects.
- Advising clients structuring PPA´s, merchant plants, hydro, thermal, wind and solar.
- Drafting all kinds of agreements as well as all regulatory work.
Real Estate, Hotels, Resorts & Casinos
- Advising foreign investors, developers, equity partners and banks in commercial, residential, industrial and mixed-use projects.
- Incorporation, transactional and regulatory work for hotels, resorts & casinos.
Litigation & Arbitration
- Representing clients on litigation or arbitration cases.
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards
About the Practice
Pardini & Asociados was founded in 1982 with an original practice in Corporate, Commercial, Admiralty and Maritime law, which still continues today.
Since then, our law firm has been at the forefront of many innovative legal developments and during the past 20 years, the law firm has developed a highly specialized practice in foreign investments. Pardini & Asociados has acted and assisted clients in different and important projects such as container port acquisition, electricity generation, mining joint venture, airport privatization, merger of oil companies, island resort hotel & marina, real estate development, airline acquisition, information technology, water and infrastructure projects.
Pardini & Asociados is the Panama member of IR Global, a multi-disciplinary professional services network bringing together independent law firms, tax advisers, investment and business consultants to provide advice to companies and individuals, amounting to 2,000 professionals in more than 75 countries around the world.
• American Bridge Company
• Agilent Technologies
• Anglian Water International
• Assicurazioni Generali
• Aviva Reinsurance UK
• Bank of America
• Barclays Bank
• Beal Bank
• Booz Allen Hamilton
• Kellogg, Brown & Root
• Bunge & Born
• Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
• Charles Taylor Consulting
• Club Corporation of America
• Coast Eco Timber Panama
• Dekel Group
• Engie / Solar
• Exxon Mobil
• Fraser Yachts
• Girag Panama
• Global Aerospace
• Grupo Tempel
• K-D Humboldt Wedag
• Hong Kong Trade Development Council
• Interstate Highway Construction Inc.
• Istana Properties
• Kraft Foods
• Halliburton Landmark
• Lufthansa AG
• Miramar Mining Corp.
• Mitsui & Co.
• National Bank of Kuwait
• N M Rothschild & Sons Ltd.
• Ninety Plus
• Oceanic Dreams Marine Transportation
• Overseas Private Investment
• Palmira Hydro
• Pelican Media UK
• Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A.
• Popa Paradise Beach Resort
• Primeyates Colombia
• Rincón Beach Developtment
• Sea Las Perlas Marine Transportation
• Societe Generale
• Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.
• Steamship Mutual
• Stevedoring Services of America
• Sumitomo Corporation
• Tektronix Inc.
• Telia AB
• Terramar Destinations
• Titan Fleet Management
• United Airlines
• United Technologies
• Walter P Moore
• West Coast Fishing Club
• World Trade Center Panama
• W Tec
Born in Panama City, Republic of Panama, October, 23rd, 1979, admitted to the bar, 2003, Panama.
o Universidad Santa María la Antigua (Licenciate in Law and Political Sciences, 2003).
o Universidad Pontificia Comillas de Madrid.
o Instituto Marítimo Español, Maritime Law and Shipping, (LL.M 2004).
o Seminars at The International Maritime Organization (IMO).
o Lloyds Register, Clarkson Brokers, Clyde & Co, INTERCARGO-INTERTANKO, London, 2004.
- Published Works & Lectures
- International Practice: Global Marine, Spain 2005
o Panama Bar Association
o American Chamber of Commerce Panama
- Areas of Experience
o Aviation / Regulatory & Contracts
o Real Estate
o Foreign investments
o Hotel and Casinos
- Representative Experience
o Regulatory structuring of international airline
o Regulatory structuring and public tender of solar power companies
o Corporate and real estate structuring of coffee farms
o Corporate and operational structuring of several foreign companies (retail, wholesale and service)
o Registration and licensing of major gaming enterprises
o Corporate and financial structuring related to hotel industry
o Free trade zone and call center business registration and development
o Strategic partners in Panama for several international immigration firms
- Awards & Recognition
o Collaborator of The World Bank – Doing Business publication
- Languages: Spanish and English