Corporate Law in Austria
Nussdorferstrasse 10-12 1090 Vienna Austria, Vienna
Völkl. Rechtsanwälte was founded in Vienna in 1933. Main focuses lie in
- Corporate and commercial law (business law firm of the year Austria, M&A awards 2013),
- Insurance law (D&O, professional liability and corporate liability insurance),
- Labour law (management law firm of the year Austria, ACQ awards 2013 and 2014),
- Banking Law (public/regulatory, contract and corporate law aspects; banking and finance law firm of the year Austria, ACQ awards 2014),
- Investor protection (institutional investors, pensions funds, insurance companies, …; the firms lawyers being recognized as industry leading in 2011, 2012 and 2013 by Austrian magazine FORMAT),
- Life sciences and pharmacy law (where the firm is recognized as leading and is recommended by industry organisations on a regular basis),
- real estate and construction law,
- Litigation and Arbitration.
As a medium sized firm we have a personal committment to our clients, also being able to handle large transactions through an extensive network of experts. The firm places strong emphasis on the strategic approach working with its partner strategy consultancy (www.stadtt.at) in order to maximize client benefit and test legal strategies toward their feasibility in an overall context.
Attorneys are also actively involved in academia, publishing regularly and teaching in their fields at Austrian universities.Show more +
Clemens Völkl specialises in corporate, contract, banking and insurance law.
Studying law in Vienna, London and Stockholm, he worked as an assistant professor at Vienna University Law School’s Institute of Civil Law.
After working with other prestigious Austrian law firms, Clemens joined Völkl. Rechtsanwälte as partner in 2010. He currently lectures at the Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien (Vienna University for Economics and Business Administration), Vienna Technical University’s post graduate programm and at other institutions. Clemens has been an expert on corporate governance for the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe and has published widely on contract, corporate, insurance and tort law.
Clemens is recognized continuously among Austrias top lawyers in matters of investor protection. He is a member (among others) of the Vienna bar association, a fellow of the European Law Institute (ELI) and the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI).Show more +