Commercial Litigation in Iraq
Italian City, Villa #267, Erbil
Dler Law Office is a full service law firm which practices law in all of Iraq, both north and south. We specialize in Iraq/Kurdistan civil law, business law, company law, contracts, tax law, labor law, oil & gas, investment law, and banking.
What sets Dler Law Office apart from other Iraq law firms is our deep expertise in Iraq litigation. We have litigated hundreds of cases in the Court of First Instance, the Court of Appeals, and the Court of Cassation, in both the Republic of Iraq and Kurdistan. Not one law firm in Iraq can match Dler Law Office’s litigation expertise.
Local Knowledge, International Scope
Dler Law Office is a genuine Iraqi law firm. It was founded and it is run by Iraqi attorneys, each a member of the Baghdad Bar and the Kurdistan Bar. Dler Law Office has all of the required licenses and registrations necessary to practice law in Iraq, and to represent our international and domestic clients in both business transactions and in court. Dler Law Office is recognized and respected by the international community in Kurdistan. Dler Saber, the founder and director of Dler Law Office, has been officially appointed as the Honorary Legal Adviser for the British Consulate-General in Erbil, Kurdistan. As the Honorary Legal Adviser, Dler Saber provides legal advice to Her Majesty’s Consul General Angus McKee on legal issues concerning the British Consulate.
Dler Law Office is the first and only Iraqi law firm covering all of Iraq and Kurdistan which has expanded internationally. In 2014, Dler Law Office established a foreign office- a European office located in The Hague, in The Netherlands. We chose to incorporate our European office in the Netherlands because of its central geographical position within Europe, the country’s competitive tax regime and pro-business environment, and the fact that several of our key clients have corporate headquarters there. Dler Law Office Europe B.V. is located in the World Trade Center in the Hague, the center of business and government in the Netherlands.
Over the years, working on a variety of legal matters, from transactions, to litigation and arbitration, Dler Law Office has collaborated with important international clients and respected law firms and lawyers throughout the MENA region and the world. We understand the expectations of large international companies. We appreciate the importance of timely action, and the need to meet deadlines. We also understand the importance of clear, detailed communication, and regular client updates.
Please feel free to contact us in order to schedule a free initial legal consultation on Iraq law matters.Show more +
Dler Saber is the Founder and Director of the Dler Law Office. He is a seasoned expert in civil litigation. He dedicated his studies, and he focuses his legal career, on civil cases. Through a series of dramatic court victories on behalf of his many clients, Dler Saber has earned himself a huge amount of respect as a litigator in both Kurdistan and Iraq. Several qualities come together to make Dler Saber an outstanding litigator:
1) he knows the laws; few attorneys in Kurdistan or Iraq know the Articles of the Iraqi legal system better than Dler Saber
2) he is creative; he employs novel ways to combine the Articles and use them together, to strengthen his client’s case, and to weaken his opponent’s case
3) he is absolutely and completely honest; Dler Saber does not play games, he does not compromise, and his deep and fundamental respect for laws and the legal system is unshakable
4) he does not give up; when he takes a case he is profoundly loyal to his client, and he will fight for his client’s interests in a relentless way
Dler Saber is the trusted attorney of record for a large number of international and local companies operating in Kurdistan and Iraq- but he also sets aside time to give back to the community. He is the Head of the Legal Department of the Businessmen Association of Kurdistan, and provides the organization with extensive and ongoing legal advice. He also provides legal counsel to a number of non-government organizations. And he has taken on, and won, countless civil cases on a strictly pro-bono basis, when his clients could not afford to pay legal fees. Dler Saber’s father was a highly respected Judge, and Dler has known since he was a child that he would become a lawyer. Through his success, he has earned the respect of fellow lawyers, judges, clients and opponents. Some lawyers practice law in search of money or prestige. Dler Saber genuinely loves the practice of law.
· Business and Commercial Law
· Civil Litigation and Criminal Cases
· Tax Law
· Family Law
Bars and Courts
Admitted to practice:
· Court of First Instance in both Kurdistan and the Republic of Iraq
· Court of Appeals in both Kurdistan and the Republic of Iraq
· Court of Cassation in both Kurdistan and the Republic of Iraq
Publications, Speaking Engagements, and Organizations
· Member of Association of Lawyers in Kurdistan-Erbil
· Member of Association of Jurists
· Diploma in Legal Administration, Technical Institute of Erbil, 2004
· Bachelor in Law, University of Salah Aldeen, 2005