Braumiller Law Group, PLLC, is a highly respected law firm focused on international trade compliance and proven strategies to optimize global trade business practices. The attorneys and trade advisors of Braumiller Law Group know exactly how to navigate the intricate maze of global trade regulations, and they have a successful track record for helping clients save millions of dollars in compliance penalties. These clients also leverage the expertise and experience of the Braumiller Law Group team to ensure that their global trade operations are legally structured to maximize efficiency and profitability. For clients around the world, a partnership with Braumiller Law Group extends beyond compliance support to generate measurable business value.
Increased profitability. Minimized costs and tariffs. Expanded market opportunities. Accelerated sales cycle. Improved market access. Extended competitive advantage.
The international trade attorneys and customs attorneys of Braumiller Law Group offer a unique set of benefits to companies involved in import and export activities:
- Consultative, customized approach with exceptional client service
- Extensive history of working successfully with the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Department of Commerce, and many other government agencies
- Multilingual service with fluency in Spanish, German, French, and Greek
- Versatile capabilities including import/export audits, compliance procedures, penalty mitigation, trade analysis, litigation, expert witness testimony, in-house training and education
- Outstanding reputation for integrity, quality and leadership, as well as extensive community involvement
- Competitive, affordable rates
To build powerful relationships with our clients, strategically using our unique expertise in global trade compliance to add genuine value to their businesses.
Learn more about our diverse pro bonocontributions and the charitable organizations we proudly support.
To view our company video please follow the link belowShow more +
Devin Sefton advises clients on a host of international trade issues, including matters pertaining to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, the State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, the Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, and the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S., among other regulatory agencies.
Devin returns to Braumiller Law Group to head up our new Detroit office after having practiced law in Washington, D.C. for several years. He has extensive experience in advising companies, both large and small, on international trade compliance. By leveraging his comprehensive background with both import and export-related matters, Devin has assisted clients in achieving substantial duty savings and mitigating regulatory risks associated with cross-border transactions.
Devin routinely advises on import-related issues such as classification under the U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule, customs valuation, the rules of origin, and preferential and deferred duty programs. He also regularly assists clients with protests, prior disclosures, detentions and seizures, and Section 301 and 232 exclusion requests.
Devin’s export-related practice includes advising clients on export controls and sanctions issues, including compliance with the Export Administration Regulations, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and the regulations of the Office of Foreign Assets Control. He assists companies with export classification, transactional due diligence, license applications, requests for guidance, and voluntary self-disclosures, among other issues. Devin also regularly advises clients on a broad range of sanctions programs and assists in establishing global trade compliance processes and procedures. His experience in advising on cross-border transactions also includes assisting clients with matters before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. and advising on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Devin is a member of the Customs and International Trade Bar Association and the Customs Lawyers Association.
- Lindsay Meyer & Devin Sefton, Compliance with the Evolving US Sanctions and Export Control Laws, Risk & Compliance, April 1, 2019
- Featured panel speaker, Legal Implications of the New Era of U.S.-Cuba Relations, hosted by the Dallas Bar Association, February 17, 2015
- Olga Torres & Devin Sefton, BIS is Stepping up Enforcement – Are you Ready? Law360.com, April 10, 2014
- Michelle Schulz & Devin Sefton, The Year Ahead in U.S. Export Control Reform: Are You Ready? 2:3 World Executive: Practical Trade and Customs Strategies, 1 (2013)
Devin earned his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law. During law school, Devin interned with the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in San Jose, Costa Rica and studied for a semester at the University of Buenos Aires School of Law. As an undergraduate at the University of Texas at Austin, Devin majored in history and Latin American Studies and was a co-founder and editor of the Student Journal of Latin American Studies. Devin is a member of the District of Columbia Bar.Show more +
Rising Star in Texas
5220 Spring Valley Road, Suite 200, Dallas, 75254