Tax (Accountants) in Hong Kong
Rm. 1702, One Peking, 1 Peking Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
We provide a full range of assurance services, business advisory and tax consultancy services to both local and overseas corporate and individual clients. We understand that the creation and maintenance of a good relationship between the firm and the client is of prime importance. This relationship must be properly managed and based on the following principles.
All major policy and tactical decisions are for the client to make in the light our advice.
The client will be informed and consulted on all developments. This is important not just to ensure that our service is properly and economically delivered, but also because available opportunities may only be apparent to the client.
We aim always to give value and to be competitive on costs regardless of the size or complexity of the matter, and understand the need to be flexible as to the basis of charging and timing of bills.
Crucial to a successful relationship is an understanding of the needs of the client, including priorities, decision-making structure, objectives and the manner in which information is disseminated within the client’s organisation.
Most importantly, we are committed to provide quality business services with the highest degree of professional integrity, responsibility and ethics of our staff members.We are keen to keep pace with the rising expectations of our clients whose continuous feedback will be vital. Discretion and confidentiality are observed at all times.Show more +
Mr. Clayton Chan is a Certified Public Accountant practising in Hong Kong and a Certified Fraud Examiner in the United States. He is also a member of the following professional bodies -
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK)
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
- The Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (USA)
Mr. Chan has years of combined experience in advising tax efficient onshore/offshore structure for HK companies, contesting tax field audits and tax investigations, assisting cross-border tax planning, and conducting financial due diligence and investigative accounting. He has also been involved personally in attestation engagements for small and closely held companies, local and national businesses, and public held enterprises listed in USA, Japan, Australia, Singapore, South Korea, China and Hong Kong.
He focuses and supports clients in the following areas:
- Advising pre-IPO structuring and general corporate restructuring from a tax perspective
- Advising and setting up tax-efficient structures for MNCs
- Advising use of Asia Pacific headquarters based in Hong Kong
- Advising use of Hong Kong investing company as a vehicle in holding wholly foreign-owned enterprises in China, including the acquisition tactics
- Formulating cost plus basis for Hong Kong branch/buying office
- Assessing use of Hong Kong re-invoicing companies
- Assessing system of accounting for tax requirements
- Assessing eligibility of Hong Kong tax resident status under the double tax agreements/arrangements
- Reviewing cross border transactions/withholding tax minimization
- Reviewing tax efficient Hong Kong salary structuring and share option schemes
- Lodging offshore income claims for Hong Kong company
- Lodging objections against disputed assessments and applications for holdover of Property Tax, SalariesTax and ProfitsTax
- Lodging application for intra-group relief of stamp duty on transfer of shares
- Advising on tax affairs of foreign employees/migrants/assignees into Hong Kong
- Advising on Hong Kong tax field audit and tax investigation
- Advising taxpayer on appeal cases to the Hong Kong Inland Revenue Board of Review
His specialisms are in:-
- commercial & financial services
- distribution trade
- process industries
- retail business