Some law firms promise client service. We deliver on that promise. Surveys by respected national consultants consistently rank Butler Snow among the best nationwide in service – in anticipating needs, in a commitment to help, in providing value, in client satisfaction.
Our clients’ success is our success. With that principle guiding us, Butler Snow has emerged from being primarily a regional firm to one with national scope. We have built a team of talented legal professionals who share a commitment to serve clients – from Fortune 100 companies to emerging-technology start-ups.
Butler Snow’s practice areas include the full range of business law and litigation services. We offer the depth to represent a broad spectrum of national and regional clients in a variety of legal areas, including:
- Corporate/Business Services
- Public Finance, Tax Incentives and Credit Markets
- Financial Services
- Bankruptcy and Reorganization
- Government, Environmental, Utilities and Energy
- Product Liability
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Litigation
- Appellate and Written Advocacy
- Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Healthcare Industry
- General Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Real Estate
Our team approach allows us to utilize resources across the firm to match legal experience with client needs. As a result, clients benefit from our strategic counsel, efficient execution and innovative solutions to complex challenges.
In an increasingly sophisticated business environment, clients need law firms that have the experience and depth to handle significant matters. Our attorneys offer diverse legal, business and governmental backgrounds, bringing vast experience and practical knowledge to each client they represent. Our practice areas are focused on specific legal disciplines, but we also have teams that are equipped to address the needs of particular industries, including healthcare, banking and finance, gaming, environmental, manufacturing, governmental, and pharmaceutical and telecommunications.
We have represented clients in all 50 states and in the District of Columbia, as well as internationally in more than 30 countries, including Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Kuwait, Mexico, Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom.
Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business describes Butler Snow as a “dominant force” with a team of attorneys who have achieved national prominence because of “sheer, unambiguous quality.” According to Chambers, our clients refer to the firm as “what a law firm should be” with a “number of talented lawyers.” Chambers also noted the firm’s ability to deliver to the client “the whole package – intelligence, presence and trial experience.”Show more +
As a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Group, Brian’s practice includes a variety of types of commercial litigation including representation of large, private and publicly-trade participants in the manufacturing, construction, telecommunications, food services and
financial services industries. Brian has represented those clients in multiple jurisdictions, including Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, Georgia, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Texas, Florida, Kentucky, New York and Delaware.
PRACTICE AREAS AND INDUSTRY TEAMS
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction and Building Products Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- Governmental Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- White Collar, Compliance and Government Investigations
- Construction Task Force
- Currently representing a large, multinational participant in the construction supply industry in two data breach cases pending in federal courts in two different states.
- Currently representing Stuart C. Irby Company, a large electrical materials supplier, in matters pending in federal courts in Florida and Arkansas.
- Counsel for telecommunications company in securities fraud litigation conducted in Mississippi and ultimately in multi-district litigation proceedings in New York against certain investment banks in connection with the 2008 collapse of the auction rate securities market.
- Counsel for telecommunications company in a variety of actions concerning the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
- Counsel for a major coal mining concern in various matters before the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
- Counsel for telecommunications executive in, at the time, the largest securities fraud criminal proceeding in the United States.
- Engaged as a manager in the audit and business advisory division of the Memphis, Tennessee office of the multinational accounting firm of Arthur Andersen, LLP, with a focus in banking and financial services industries.
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants
Commercial Litigation in Mississippi
Renaissance at Colony Park, 1020 Highland Colony Parkway, Suite 1400, Jackson, MS 39157