Professional Expertise / Experience
- FORENSIC ACCOUNTING – involving major joint venture partners in Singapore and Indonesia. Uncovered irregularities and assisted in settlement between both JV partners.
- ACTED AS REPORTING ACCOUNTANTS – pursuant to Section 199 (5) Companies Act Cap. 50 for directors to investigate and report on accounting and financial irregularities (Court appointment).
- LIQUIDATOR FOR MANY COMPANIES – including a major Japanese group in the oil refinery and trading industry with book assets well in excess of S$20 million (1992 – 94) (Court appointment).
- PARTAKE IN NUMEROUS CORPORATE RECOVERY WORK - for companies including an IT group with book assets of more than S$20 million and liabilities of about S$40 million (Court appointment).
- ACTED AS RECEIVER / MANAGER FOR DIVERSE CORPORATIONS - to achieve resolution of partnership dispute as well as to facilitate bank recovery action in mortgagee’s sale.
- PROVIDED LITIGATION SUPPORT ON A CASE involving Damages Quantification for breaches of contracts.
- PROVIDED ASSURANCE SERVICE for a number of diverse clients including no less than five involving group audits. as well as perform transaction audit for specific assignment including improving internal control system, etc.
- TAX ADVISOR - Provide services on compliance on Tax Returns, GST Return and Tax Planning as well as attending to tax queries arising from tax audit by IRAS,
- REGISTERED FILING AGENT WITH ACRA - Provide advices and services on business formation and incorporation of companies, filing requirements and striking off procedures.
- COMPANY ACCOUNTANT TO SME by providing accounting support.
- ASSIST CLIENTS IN BUSINESS PLANNING, corporate strategy for growth and sustainability as well as trouble shoot critical issues.
- MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT for placement of middle management and provision of ad hoc consultancy services to companies experiencing temporary difficulty & accounting support.
- ASSIST CLIENTS IN BUSINESS PLANNING, corporate strategy for growth and sustainability as well as business succession planning.
- PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES TO NEW START UPS especially by foreigners, including PR, EP, work permit application liaising with Government departments, as well as referrals to bankers, lawyers and other professionals.
- PROVIDE CONSULTANCY SERVICES in the area of project evaluation, financial planning & M & A for SME's, incentives and grants application from statutory bodies.Financing Arrangement and Rearrangement, Grant Applications
- Provide advisory services to small and medium sized family owned enterprise relating succession planning and exit strategies.
- ASSIST CLIENTS on rescue and restructuring exercise, in conjunction with their management and corporate finance team as well as legal advisers & reporting accountants.
ON A SELECTED BASIS - act as nominee director and as consultant on either retainer or lump sum fee basis.
1. Corporate Recovery assignments – successfully realised assets and paid close to 30 cts to a $1 book liabilities (against original estimate of 5 cts to a $1) for an IT home grown group.
2. Judicial Manager for a leading piling engineering contractor and successfully rehabilitated the company. Averted winding up of this company (Bandung Piling & Civil Engineering Pte Ltd).
3. Judicial Manager and subsequently as Scheme Manager for Hong Lai Huat Construction Pte Ltd, a subsidiary of PDC Corp Ltd (listed company on SGX main board). Was discharged sometime in August 2006 when the scheme of arrangement was successfully completed. The parent company’s share was re-listed and now trading actively.
4. Also acted as Scheme Manager for Hi-tek Construction Pte Ltd. Scheme was successfully completed. Company is now on the road to recovery.
5. Involved in two due diligence (DD) assignments. One in Bandung, Indonesia and the other in Chongqing, Sichuan on behalf of two groups of investors. The latter group is still an investor after several years now.
6. Successfully completed restructuring of L&M Group Investments Ltd now known as Seroja Investments Limited (a listed company on the main board) with more than 100 subsidiaries & associated companies spread across several countries. With the RTO (Reverse Take Over), the Company was relisted on 17 August 2009. The company enjoyed a good reception from investors with compliance placement price at 20 cents per share and first day high was 81 cents, a 305% increase from placement price.
7. Currently Receiver & Manager of L&M Geotechnic Pte Ltd and realized proceeds way above original estimates.
8. Assisting in contentious Estate matters involving different groups of beneficiaries.
9. Professional services rendered in connection with the issuance of Auditor’s Certification for compliance with investment criteria on building and civil works and plant and machinery as stipulated by JTC for the purpose of lease application of Land & Buildings in Tuas (Jurong Industrial Estate) and Major Exporter Scheme under the GST regime.
EXPERIENCE AS INDEPENDENT DIRECTOR
Have had extensive 9 years experience as Lead Independent Director and Audit Committee Chair for a good number of listed companies in Singapore and familiar with the corporate governance code and listing compliances.
Currently an independent director and AC Chairman for Interra Resources Limited (listed on SGX mainboard).Show more +
Bob Low Siew Sie
CA (Singapore), LL.B(Hons) (LOND),
Member of CIArb (UK) & (HK) & SIArb,
IPAS (Insolvency Practitioner), F.C.C.A. (UK),
Member of Singapore Academy of Law,
Accredited Tax Advisor (Income Tax & GST)Show more +
Turnaround Professionals in Singapore
420, North Bridge Road, North Bridge Centre #06-05, Singapore, 188727