Commercial Arbitration and Tech-Media-Telecoms in Thailand
Abdulrahim Place, 31st Floor, 990 Rama 4 Road, Bangkok, 10500
Blumenthal Richter & Sumet helps clients make confident business decisions. As one of the longest-established law firms in Thailand, we combine the experience, entrepreneurship and business acumen to understand our clients’ businesses and solve their increasingly complex challenges. As our clients are the cornerstone of our firm, we are constantly innovating and using leading-edge technologies to provide a range of benefits to our clients, from having an elevated client experience and improved efficiencies, to developing more pragmatic business approaches and identifying new opportunities.
Our licensed Thai, European and U.S. attorneys understand your business and take an entrepreneurial approach, while serving as a counterpart to your business who knows the law. Working as a team, we help you navigate not only your legal issues but the factors affecting your industry. Our experience in the automotive, chemicals, real estate, hotels and hospitality, logistics, cosmetics, energy, financial, technology, media and telecommunications sectors gives us the market perspective to understand your needs and add value for our clients to succeed.
Our areas of services include Corporate and Commercial / M&A, Foreign Direct Investment, Real Estate and Construction, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Tax and Customs, Tech-Media-Telecoms (TMT), Regulatory Compliance and Data Privacy, Hospitality and Lifestyle, Intellectual Property, Capital Markets, Banking and Project Finance, Labour and Employment, Energy and Infrastructure, Immigration and Foreign Employment and Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Business Reorganization.
BRS is the exclusive Thailand representative of IR-GLOBAL, the largest and fastest-growing international professional services network, for Corporate, Foreign Direct Investment, Insolvency, Project Finance, M&A, Real Estate and TMT. BRS is also the exclusive Thailand representative of INTERLAW, the preferred law firm network for companies doing business internationally. With more than 7,500 attorneys in 150 cities worldwide, INTERLAW is ranked as a “Tier 1, Elite Law Firm Network” and—together with IR-GLOBAL—provides BRS with access to specialist legal practitioners in every major worldwide jurisdiction.
BRS has been ranked consistently as a “Leading Firm” by the legal profession’s foremost independent directories, including The Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. Individual departments and partners have been recognized year on year by both legal publications for successfully representing their clients’ interests and for the ongoing quality of their expertise. The firm’s TMT department is ranked in Tier 1 for TMT in Thailand by The Legal 500.
Recently, The Legal 500 shortlisted BRS for the “TMT Law Firm of the Year” award in its inaugural Southeast Asia Legal Awards. BRS was the only firm in Thailand nominated for this award, which recognizes the leading legal practitioners for both private practice and in-house in the region. The shortlist was determined through the annual The Legal 500 research process, which involves firm submissions, client referees and independent research.
The Euromoney Plc International Tax Review Asia Tax Awards also nominated BRS for the Thailand Tax Disputes Firm of the Year awards, and Senior Partner Sumet Mingmongkolmitr was shortlisted for the Asia Indirect Tax Practice Leader of the Year award. The awards recognize remarkable achievements and developments by international tax professionals across the Asia-Pacific region.Show more +
Mr. Anuwat Ngamprasertkul has over 15 years’ experience in legal and tax consulting at a Big Four audit firm, where he was a Director and led the firm’s litigation team. Working across the organization, Anuwat has in-depth experience in dispute resolution and litigation, tax, personal data protection compliance, contract drafting and negotiation, M&A, Public-Private Partnership projects, labour advisory and many other areas.
As Head of Litigation and Dispute Resolution at Blumenthal Richter & Sumet, Anuwat brings years of experience leading teams and representing parties in court proceedings, including claims and defenses in civil, criminal, labor, white-collar crime, shareholder dispute, bankruptcy, taxation, consumer protection and international trade cases matters, as well as arbitration. He also has in-depth experiencing in developing constructive strategy for crisis management and mitigation plans to minimize legal exposure with practicable solutions within a limited timeframe.
Anuwat has had leading roles in business disputes, white collar crime and crisis management during disputes, including:
- Fraud co-investigation, evidence selection and arrangement, strategy setting and representing clients in taking legal action against those who have committed fraud inside organizations (e.g., management, HR, accountants, IT, procurement officers) as well as externally (e.g., relatives and related support);
- Processing labor terminations, taking civil and criminal claims, asset searches and domicile checking, crisis management for computer-related crime, cheating and fraud, forgery and using documents, misappropriation, receiving stolen items and more, liaising and representing with police stations, the Department of Special Investigation, the Technology Crime Suppression Division and the Criminal Court;
- Setting up an external whistleblowing center to receive and handle potential fraud or misconduct cases and conduct labor health checks as a fraud prevention mechanism for clients;
- Representing clients to settle disputes between companies and employees at the Labor Inspection Office, Social Security Office and the Labor Court in cases of unfair termination, unwilling resignation, shortfall of compensation, unlawful warning letters, death of staff, cheating and fraud, misconduct and more;
- Handling conflicts between shareholders and directors, as well as crisis management and legal actions to protect company assets and rights, and negotiate and settle disputes inside and outside of court.
As Co-Head of the firm’s TMT practice, Anuwat has had a significant role in advising on and implementing compliance with personal data protection law in Thailand. Anuwat uses his in-depth experience in litigation to proactively analyze and mitigate exposure to non-compliance on personal data protection matters. He has assisted leading companies in the banking, beverage, manufacturing and professional services industries on these matters.Show more +