Tech-Media-Telecoms in France
47 rue de Monceau, Paris, 75008
UGGC is a multidisciplinary law firm, providing its clients with a unique combination of expertise and skills:
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Public law
- Employment law
- Tax law
- Private Equity
- Commercial contracts
- Private clients
- Real Estate
- Banking & Finance
- Antitrust Art market
- Customs & Logistics
- International investment
- Public criminal and disciplinary law
- Litigation and arbitration
- Media, communication and entertainment
- Created in 1993, UGGC has quickly established itself as one of the first independent law firms in France.
- The Firm makes the needs of its clients and legal excellence a top priority.
- Always attentive to its clients’ needs and based on its values and knowledge, UGGC has replicated it business model by setting up offices in strategic areas for French industry.
- With offices in 4 geographical areas (Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America) and network of first tier correspondents, UGGC guarantees its clients an efficient international intervention capacity.
- UGGC Law Firm has a leading position on the Moroccan market and in French-speaking Africa in corporate law.
- UGGC Law Firm is among the market leadersserving the Tech-Media-Telecoms industries: Entertainment (Cinema, Music, Live Shows, Sport, Art), IT (Internet, Telecom, Domain Names, Personal Data, Software) and Media (Communication, Press, Public Affairs, Advertising, Reputation management) sectors are at the very core of the work it undertakes.
- The firm aims to help its clients achieve their ambitions through innovative solutions notably based on its cross-border experience in Europe, the US and China.
- UGGC Law Firm represents a wide variety of clients: from international companies to individuals, artists, authors, profit and non-profit organisations, institutions, unions, communities and non-governmental organisations. The firm also advises clients from many different industries such as fashion, entertainment, cinema, music, live shows, media, food, telecoms and internet. Thanks to this diversity, UGGC lawyers have developed cross-sector skills in matters combining notably intellectual property and philanthropy, corporate, tax or labour law.
PROGRAMS DEDICATED TO TMT:
- The firm has developed several programs dedicated to TMT which include:
- COMPLIANCE AND GDPR PROGRAM: UGGC Law Firm has developed an innovative and complex compliance certification program aiming highlighting good practices and compliant stakeholders, securing investment and building trust in business notably through the providing of, on-site training, audits, legal opinions and communication tools.
- ANTIPIRACY PROGRAMS: UGGC Law Firm has acquired a strong expertise in understanding online & telecom advertising and fraud mechanisms for its different clients from both the IT and entertainment industries. The firm (i) implements with its client’s investigation methods that facilitate the understanding of fraudster’s leitmotiv and business models, (ii) uses software and tracking technologies to identify online fraud and (iii) uses all legal tools to track online infringements, frauds and protect the interests of right holders and parties wrongfully accused. Thanks to the expert tools and technologies UGGC has access to; the firm is able to track down all online infringements applicable to the entertainment and luxury brand industries (including notably audiovisual works, music, and other works protected by copyright).
- COMMUNICATION PROGRAMS:
- PUBLIC AFFAIRS: The firm offers a unique service in Public Affairs and communication campaigns. UGGC team coordinates communication and lobbying campaigns, provides advice related to French and European communication perception, reviews all communication documents (articles, press releases…) directed to French and EU audience for legal compliance, provides recommendations related to advertising compliance, sets communication strategies.
- REPUTATION MANAGEMENT: Defamation, privacy, celebrity endorsement, e-reputation management are among the different matters dealt by the firm on a daily basis. Thanks to its close relations with its clients and its good knowledge of the communication environment, UGGC team is able to react quickly and effectively when facing communication crisis where sensitive and proportionate advice are needed. Depending on the situation and client’s nature, it is essential to adopt an adequate approach in order to avoid “bad buzz”. The law firm assists agencies and personalities on different matters involving image rights (agency mandate, image rights assignments, voices and dubbing, models agreements, advertising orders, advertising control, online advertising space purchase, endorsement, ambassador agreements, muse agreements)
- INTELLIGENCE SERVICES RELATED TO TMT: UGGC Law Firm offers media, communication and intelligence services to its clients, and is also pretty involved in sharing with its network of partners, clients, friends and other followers, strategic news that may directly impact this audience. The firm has implemented a system allowing its lawyers to directly and instantly share through social media and blog articles news and important information that are of interest. UGGC Law Firm is ranked in the TOP 100 Business law firms followed on Twitter.
MUSIC PRACTICE FOCUS
The firm handles a wide diversity of matters related to Music:
- Production (Recording, Publishing, Licensing, Live Shows)
- Distribution: digital distribution, online streaming platforms, online sales
- Live shows:strong expertise in the creation, organization, and release of live shows (all legal matters related to live shows from A to Z).
- Collective management organizations: global revenue distribution, negotiations with CMOs
- Image rights: appearance releases, performers agreements, image monetization, press
- Merchandising, neighbouring rights, synchronization
- Business law related to the music industry: creation of labels, self-publishing, performers employment, exercise of options, assignment of rights, licenses
- Agent and management deals
- Advertising: content monetization, compliance
- Online fraud: expert in tracking down music online piracy.
The firm handles a wide diversity of matters related to Cinema:
- Production: co-financing agreements, crowdfunding, legal counselling for innovative financing scheme, legal counselling to non-profit organizations for entertainment projects (financing and legal aspects),
- Broadcasting: media chronology, online streaming platform, VoD services,
- Image rights: appearance releases, performers agreements, image monetization, press
- Business law related to the audiovisual industry: creation production company, employment, bankruptcy proceedings of audiovisual producer companies, exercise of pre-emption rights, assignment of rights, management of securities registered at the French Public Registry (liens, assignment of receipts), licenses
- Advertising: content monetization, compliance
- Online fraud: expert in tracking down movie online piracy.
The firm handles a wide diversity of matters related to Advertising:
- Advertising Production: production compliance and content compliance, financing, co-production of TV commercials, negotiation of authors rights, legal opinion and analysis regarding current audiovisual regulation and its evolution
- Brand endorsement: implementation of partnerships, sponsoringof renown personalities, defence of personality rights in promotional campaigns for commercial purposes or non-commercial purposes
- Advertising monetization: business models based on advertising revenues, content monetization, online platform monetization strategies and advertising
- Advertising fraud: litigation related to online and telecom advertising, counterfeiting revenues resulting from advertising, online piracy and high jacking of advertising business models,
- Advertising agencies and business law matters: audit of advertising agencies, advertising agencies compliance (notably Loi Sapin 1 & 2)
- Public Affairs and communication campaigns: coordination of communication and lobbying campaigns provides advice related to French and European communication perception, reviews all communication documents (articles, press releases…) directed to French and EU audience for legal compliance, provides recommendations related to advertising compliance, sets communication strategies.
- Reputation management, press law and communication strategies: defamation, privacy, celebrity endorsement, e-reputation management, agency mandate, image rights assignments, voices and dubbing, models agreements, advertising orders, advertising control, online advertising space purchase, endorsement, ambassador agreements, muse agreements
- International communication campaigns: strategic advice regarding international communication campaigns related to IP and royalties matters, communication and media work aiming to explain in everyday language legal concepts and situations (notably related to IP rights and royalties) in order to help our clients communicate on the different matters they are involved with. Coordination with EU lawyers, action coordination with European deputies, work compilation, reports, advertising and press releases.
- Intelligence services: media, communication and intelligence services
UGGC Law Firm advises its clients in the definition and the conduct of their advertisement, marketing and communication operations. Its sectorial expertise serves a wild variety of clients, from communication campaigns for NGOs and non-profit organizations, production of advertising contents, advertising management, implementation of partnerships, sponsoring of renowned personalities, and defence of personality rights in promotional campaigns for commercial purposes or non-commercial purposes.
The firm handles a wide diversity of matters related to IT:
- Business law related to the IT industry: creation of company, employment, bankruptcy proceedings, assignment of rights, licenses
- Advertising: content monetization, compliance
- Online fraud: investigation methods that facilitate the understanding of fraudsters leitmotiv and business models, use of software and tracking technologies to identify online fraud, use of all legal tools to track online infringements, frauds and protect the interests of right holders and parties wrongfully accused.
- Management, processing and transfer of personal data, notably between the EU and the USA
- Online platforms: liability, clearing of rights, business model, advertising
- Telecoms and Internet: service agreements, ethics, pricing, compliance, advertising, editors liability, intermediaries liability, monetization and payment services, digital marketing
- Software:IP protection, licensing, royalties negotiation, assignment
- Block Chain technology and bitcoins
- Websites: online fraud, counterfeit, legal mentions, host and editor responsibility
- Domain names:protection, negotiation, dispute resolution
- E-reputation: spamming, phishing, identity theft
With 25 years of experience serving clients of all sizes and types (corporate groups, multinationals, start-ups, associations, trade unions, foundations, artists, fashion designers, production companies, etc.), Anne-Marie Pecoraro has been advising and litigating on all legal aspects of intellectual property, trademarks, new technologies and the exploitation of personal data, in a wide range of sectors including industry, entertainment, media, fashion, luxury goods, licensing, audio-visual, entertainment and music. She also advises prestigious French and international clients, particularly in the United States, Europe (Paris, Milan, Rome, and Brussels) and Asia (China, Hong Kong, Singapore). Furthermore, throughout her experience, Anne-Marie Pecoraro has also developed cross-disciplinary skills, particularly in the strategic support of communication programs.
Anne-Marie represents a wide variety of clients from different countries, (in particular the USA, Switzerland, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, and China) from international companies to individuals, artists, authors, leading fashion designers, agencies in the entertainment sector, media companies, institutions and foundations with global actions and communication, producers (music, movie, live shows), non-profit organizations, non-governmental organizations, communities, unions with international actions including communication campaigns and lobbying in Brussels and other European capitals. Thanks to this diversity, Anne-Marie and her team have developed crosswise skills in matters combining intellectual property and philanthropy, corporate, tax and labour law.
Anne-Marie Pecoraro has expended the activities of her firm in France, Belgium and the USA, making it stand out from its competitors. As such the firm is highly experienced at helping American and European clients understand their differences in culture and communication in order to work together. Her wide network of international experts facilitates communication with US-based clients and fosters the development of their activities in Europe.
Furthermore, Anne-Marie's activities in Brussels allow her firm to be closer to the strategic European decisions that are currently taken regarding the entertainment industry interests. In this respect, Anne-Marie has prepared many tools to help her clients audit their contracts and make sure they will be compliant with the European rules notably related to territoriality.
Anne-Marie and her firm are among the market leaders serving the media, entertainment and branded goods sectors. Her domains of expertise are notably the following:
Trademarks and designs: global strategy of filing, registration, monitoring and protection, surveillance reports, trade mark portfolio management, domain names and surveillance of trademarks in press, magazines and online. Counselling: negotiations, assignment of rights, licenses, audits, brand strategies, implementation of anti-counterfeiting programs, and domain names. Litigation: infringement proceedings based on trademarks and designs, and unfair competition.
Music industry: copyright and publishing agreements, audits, option agreements, licenses, clearing of rights, synchronization, and all aspects of the digital music industry.
Audio-visual industry: appearance releases, co-financing agreements, crowd funding, legal counselling for innovative financing schemes, legal counselling to non-profit organizations for entertainment projects, media chronology, bankruptcy proceedings of audio-visual producer companies, exercise of pre-emption rights, management of securities registered at the French Public Registry (liens, assignment of receipts), and negotiation of authors’ rights.
Live shows: establishment of legal and finance schemes, negotiations and drafting of all agreements (co-financing, options, assignments of rights, co-production), and clearing of rights.
In both Trademark/Designs and Entertainment practices Anne-Marie works with strong efficient tools based on intelligence, enforcement and analysis to protect the value of leading brands and content companies. These tools allow our team to have access to real-time view of the infringing environment and to take actions in extremely short notices.
IT: legal advice regarding gambling (regulation in France and Europe), phone regulation, protection of personal data (collecting and processing, data transfers from France to foreign countries, installation of monitoring systems, CNIL paperwork), domain names and websites, strategic communication (privacy rights, e-reputation, preventing reputation damages), digital marketing and e-commerce.
Communication: press watch and timely analysis and recommendations; notice and takedown process directed to online hosts and content publishers; notice to offenders for privacy or other press infringements; right to publish answers further to publication of articles; judicial claims in relation to privacy, and other press infringements (defamation, libel, slander, etc). Advice to foreign clients regarding French and European communication perceptions; reviews of all communications directed to the French and EU audience for legal compliance.
International Economic law: advice to clients regarding global strategy; coordination with lobbying and influence specialists in order to provide practical and efficient rules; coordination of lobbying campaigns in Brussels and other European capitals, economic and legal intelligence regarding all decisions taken at national, EU and US levels.
Industry Sector Expertise
We attach great importance to the respect of reliable working methodology, of ethics, by remaining truthful in our communication as well as in the choice of business partners, independent, careful of potential conflict of interest and consistent with our positions and the matters we handle.
We maintain a deep understanding of local, EU and international trade and competition regulation and have a strong expertise in managing communications and relations between organizations, media and the public. Our wide network of international experts facilitates communication with US-based clients and fosters the development of their activities and communication campaigns in Europe. Anne-Marie's firm brings first-hand knowledge, judgment and experience to clients’ public affairs needs. UGGC’s lawyers concentrate on the issues, rules and advocacy strategies that are important to clients who have matters under consideration by state and local government and help companies, trade associations, and non-profit organizations project their voice into policy and legislative debates.
French, English, Italian
Visit our website: https://www.uggc.com/en/category/ip-it-media/ for more information concerning our publications notably in the IAEL Book, Media Law International, Leaders League, Les Petites Affiches.
Annual organization of events as lunches and cocktails hosted with professionals with international experience in the audio visual and media industries on topics related to intellectual property.Show more +