About Unión Andina de Patentes
Union Andina de Patentes was founded back in 1993 as an organization of intellectual property attorneys. Our goal was to create a place that would provide an ultimate solution to companies in need of an international plan of intellectual property protection. This implies unifying trademark services, invention patents and other concerns related on a regional level all around Latin America.
Distinctly from other trademark and patent services providers, our business structure allows us to work as a hub organization. This means you won’t have to contact intellectual property attorneys in each country you want to register or protect a creation. You only have to contact us and we will deal with our subsidiaries.
We want to be the best alternative for Intellectual Property legal advice in Latin America.
We offer a legal expertise in the field of Intellectual Property protection in Latin America since 1993, supported by the experience of our team of professionals.
Lawyer by Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú with specialization in Intellectual Property and Unfair Competiton. Currently he is the Managing Director of Union Andina de Patentes S.A.C. in charge of the national and international relationships of the company and providing strategic counsel for the Management team and Legal department.
As part of his professional practice Alejandro Castro was the legal assistant of the International Department of Unión Andina de Patentes S.A.C., managing trademark and patent portfolios of international clients in Latin America.
As part of his pre-professional experience Alejandro Castro was part of the Intellectual Property team of Muñiz, Ramírez, Pérez Taiman & Olaya Law Firm; Berninzon, Loret de Mola & Benavides Law Firm; and part of the Commission on Unfair Competition of The National Institute for the Defense of Free Competition and the Protection of Intellectual Property (INDECOPI).
• Universidad ESAN, Social Psychologist with specialization in Consumer Behavior (2013-2018)
• Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University-The Netherlands, International Business Administration (2015-2016). Universidad ESAN Exchange program.
• Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Lawyer Cum Laude (2014)
• Civil Association IUS ET VERITAS, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú Law Review
• Lima Bar Association
• Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
• Spanish and english
• “The Kyoto Protocol, the Clean Development Mechanism and the carbon credits”. Co-authored. IUS ET VERITAS N° 36
• “Together but not coupled! An economic distance between trademarks and other Intellectual Property assets, in particular patents and copyrights”. IUS ET VERITAS N° 43
• “Trademark Cognitive Psychology and confusion. A contribution to unfair competition analysis”. Actualidad Jurídica, February 2015, N° 255 – Grupo Gaceta Jurídica.
IP - Trademark & Copyright and Competition Law and IP - Patents and Tech-Media-Telecoms in Peru
Av. José Pardo 434 Piso 16 Miraflores,, Lima