Mergers & Acquisitions in Brazil
Av. Brigadeiro Faria Lima,, 1.663 - 5th floor, Sao Paulo, 01452-001
CGM was founded in September 2014 by an experienced group of partners who had already worked together for more than two decades, and were joined by other partners coming from reputable law firms. Despite its youth, the firm already enjoys strong client and market recognition and is acknowledged in important international publications and rankings. CGM focuses on solving its clients’ issues in a timely, efficient and business-oriented manner, with technical expertise and creativity. The firm has a team of professionals who graduated from leading law schools in Brazil, many of whom have also obtained master degrees and other qualifications abroad, and have worked outside of Brazil. CGM also has a tightknit network of partnerships, which allows it to provide services in Brazil and coordinate multijurisdictional projects in Latin America.
CGM’s team works at a very fast pace and has in-depth knowledge of the law and of the business of its clients. The firm represents its clients very assertively, paying attention to every detail without losing sight of its clients’ goals. CGM is keen on spotting issues but equally committed to addressing them. The firm’s team eagerly pursues and develops tailor-made, practical and legally sound solutions to help clients do business and achieve their targets. In addition, the long-term experience working with international clients results in the ability to explain the Brazilian legal system to foreigners in a very practical way and in being sensitive to the cultural differences of doing business in Brazil and elsewhere.Show more +
PRACTICE AREA: CORPORATE LAW, M&A, COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS, FOREIGN INVESTMENT, DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY, TECHNOLOGY
GRADUATION: LAW DEGREE (LLB) FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF SÃO PAULO LAW SCHOOL (USP)
POSTGRADUATE: LLM FROM COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
LANGUAGES: PORTUGUESE AND ENGLISH
Background: Adriano is specialized in Corporate Law, M&A, International Contracts and Foreign Investment. Adriano also coordinates the Data Protection and Privacy Practice in the firm and is a Member of the Commission on Law Firms of OAB/SP and a co-rapporteur of the working group on General Conditions of Sale B2C of the Brazilian Chapter of the Commercial Law and Practice Committee of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Chambers Global and Chambers Latin America indicate Adriano as a Leading Individual in Corporate/M&A and in International Trade/WTO, as he was described by clients as a lawyer who “understands very well the clients’ businesses” and that he is also “experienced and used to working with large companies”.
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar (Columbia University School of Law, 1999).
- Leading individual in Corporate/ M&A, Chambers Latin America, 2018-2019.
- Leading individual in Corporate/M&A, Chambers Global, 2018.
- The Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA), participant of the Law Business Research British Group, has recommended Adriano in Corporate / M&A practice, 2015-2018.
- Recommended lawyer in the areas of Corporate Law and M&A, International Corporate Finance, Leaders League, 2018
- Leading lawyer in Corporate/M&A, Lawyer100 Brazil, 2018.
- One of the most admired Brazilian lawyers in the areas of International Trade, Commercial Contracts, Corporate Law and Finance Transactions, as well as in the Automotive, Chemical & Petrochemical, Banking, Electronics and Technology sectors, Análise Advocacia 500, 2017.
- 3rd place in the general ranking of the most admired Brazilian lawyers in their fields of expertise, Análise Advocacia 500, 2016-2017.
- One of the most admired lawyers in the State of São Paulo, Análise Advocacia 500, 2015-2017.
- One of the most admired Brazilian lawyers in several areas and different sectors, Análise Advocacia 500, 2007-2009 and 2011-2016.
- Leading Individual in International Trade/WTO (Up-and-coming), Chambers Latin America, 2010-2011.
- One of the main Brazilian lawyers under 40 (Latin Lawyer, 2002).