Commercial Law in Kuwait
Arkan Building # 4, 7th Floor P.O.Box # 2532, Block # 2, Street # 79, Bnaid Al-Gar, Kuwait
Taher Group Law Firm (TAG) was set up in 1969 on Fahad Al Salim Street, Al Sharq Al Awsat Building, Kuwait. Upon establishment, the Group was headed by Dr. Jamal Eddin Ateyyah, attorney at law, holder of a PhD in the International Law from the French Sorbonne University, and one of the founders of the first Islamic bank worldwide in Luxembourg County.
Mr. Abdul Aziz Taher Al-Khateeb is one of the Kuwaiti lawyer forerunners as he was enrolled in the Kuwaiti bar for practicing the legal profession in 1969. Afterwards, the Group was joined by Mr. Khaled Taher Al-Khateeb, Mr. Jamal Taher Al-Khateeb and Mr. Fawaz Khaled Al-Khateeb along with other expert lawyers.
Throughout its fifty-year existence in the field, the Group took up ten thousands of lawsuits and consultancies in all legal aspects, which confers upon it proven track record.
OUR MISSION & VISION:
To render Taher Group Law Firm as a leading local, regional and International law Firm with high global standards in terms of provision of service through high quality and advanced legal standards with its main objective being to ensure the continuous development in its performance in a sustainable manner.
With an intention to propagate the service of Justice through a consolidation of the principle of the rule of law by raising awareness and disseminating the legal culture between the components of the society, individuals and institutions and to find its correct understanding and respect for the law and to comply with the same by establishing a stable society which shall be interdependent and secure. .
To work in support of the profession and complexity to evolve into modernity, and to continually generate professional ethics and boost in order to ensure its push it to a prominent position in modern society.
Taher Group works professionally in all types of civil, real estate, labor, insurance, commercial, maritime, trademark, patent, conciliation and arbitration cases, defense and litigation in criminal cases and medical malpractice. The following are some of the areas of expertise:
- Impart of Legal advice and the drafting of contracts for the commercial sector, companies and investment and individuals.
- Assistance in the incorporation of companies and provision of legal advice in the related work.
- Labor/employment law advice and attending disputes related to the labor law.
- Commercial contracts, maritime trade, banks and financial markets.
- Legal advice related to oil laws, investments, contracts, petroleum industries and disputes arising from them.
- Advise on Income Tax, file of returns and litigation related to taxes and tax decisions.
- Consultations and claims related to civil and professional liability, insurance and medical field.
- Administrative, sports and constitutional claims and contracts, regulation related to the participation of the private sector in the construction and development projects in the country, and the laws of direct investment.
- Judicial Arbitration and Disputes on Public, private partnerships ( P P P).
- Local, regional and international arbitration.
- Criminal cases (Misdemeanors and crimes) and issues of state security.
- Personal status cases and endowment disputes, wills and funds allocated for charity.
- Providing advice and legal services in accordance with the latest update/amended legislation through the daily follow-up of the new legislation issued in the State of Kuwait, the Gulf States and in Egypt.
Quality Management and Global rankings:
- ISO 9001 standard: Taher Legal Group is committed to providing the best legal services and high standards of quality by implementing the quality management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001: 2008 from Lloyds Register – LRQA a UK based company.
- Global rankings: Taher Group is rated as a leading and elite firm according to the best ratings given by elite law global ranking firms by leading and certified rating agencies such as IFLR 1000, Chambers and Partners and Legal 500. Taher Group adapts taking a special approach to the quality of legal services and enhances its global reach in order to attain the highest standards.
Taher Group also provides legal services to Fortune 500 listed companies as well as leading small and medium-sized companies in their field. The Group also offers its services directly through its law firm based in the Arab Republic of Egypt in Cairo.Show more +
Mr. Abdulaziz Taher Alkhateeb is the founder partner of Taher Group Law Firm. He has been an active lawyer in the Kuwaiti courts, including the Constitutional and the Supreme Courts for nearly 50 years. He continues to head and guide the Group both locally and internationally. He obtained his Bachelor degree in Law from the Cairo University in the year 1969. He is anarbitrator at the Commercial Arbitration Center of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Kuwait Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Kuwaiti Lawyers Association. He is former Board Member of Kuwait Judicial Institute, a former member of the Board of Lawyers Association, and a member of the Governmental Advisory Committee of the General Secretariat of Endowments in the State of Kuwait. He has contributed towards drafting and amending several codes of laws enacted by the State of Kuwait through his roles in committees. Among the most prominent committees on which he presided were the “Law Editing Committee”, “The law of rents” and the “Committee to amend the personal affairs laws”. He has published several prominent legal works in the State of Kuwait and the most important of which is the ’Statute of limitations in Kuwaiti Laws” and another book being the “Code of Criminalization and Punishment in Non-Penal Laws”. His publications are a specialized guide used for in the corporate governance, zakat and tax laws, responsibility and contribution of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry towards companies and arbitration of any disputes as well as some research papers in many other fields. He has written a wide range of legal articles for the press out of which about 142 of them have been published in the press which also includes television interviews and audio-visual participations, as well as participation in conferences, seminars and the presentation of several specialized legal courses.
Specialization and experience:
Mr. Alkhateeb is a highly sought lawyer and arbitrator with over 50 years of experience in Commercial Law, Corporate Governance, Taxation and Commercial Arbitration. He has an extensive experience in drafting and reviewing commercial and investment contracts, dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration and has vast experience in representing foreign and local investors. For several decades, under his leadership, Taher Group has organized legal and commercial affairs for investment leaders and major international investment companies to meet their needs in accordance with local law.